News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

National Guard seemed to be less fascist during the BLM protests than the police.  Hopefully my impression was not wrong, and that it continues to be this way.

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2021, 03:34:38 PM

This is a tweet that would be interesting evidence in a trial for insurrection or treason.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Solmyr

"The military will have no role in election transition."

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2021, 02:42:27 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 06, 2021, 02:40:29 PM
I really didn't believe the coup was actually going to happen.

It's not.

These clowns are going to break some shit then leave.

:blink:

This is not okay. This isn't something mild. This is.... this is a coup.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2021, 03:43:09 PM
Thanks Elijah for helping with your future prosecution. :cheers:

Prosecution of a pardoned guy?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 06, 2021, 03:37:57 PM
Virginia NG coming to the aid of Congress because Donald won't allow the DC Guard to be activated.

Well I'll be damned. After all this time, Virginia troops are going to take over the capitol and force a yankee president from the white house.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Solmyr

Incidentally, unless Trump is removed from office right now, he still has two weeks to burn the world.

Admiral Yi

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 06, 2021, 03:37:39 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2021, 03:29:42 PM
I'm a little surprised there are no reports of journalists from the fake news media being attacked or even verbally abused.

1 CNN reporter & 1 NBC reporter said they were surrounded once people realized who they were. Saw it on the air.

I also just saw a CBC reporter getting verbally abused while making her report

alfred russel

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2021, 03:42:20 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2021, 03:41:06 PM
From WaPo:

QuoteEntire D.C. National Guard to be activated following breach of Capitol
By Dan Lamothe
The entire D.C. National Guard will be activated within hours, putting 1,100 guardsmen on duty after protesters supporting outgoing President Donald Trump breached the Capitol.

The rapid expansion of military involvement came after Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D) requested that guardsmen already on duty be sent to the Capitol, said the defense official and a District official, speaking on the condition of anonymity due the sensitivity of the issue.

Defense officials, who have been resistant to getting dragged into politics, initially offered instead to replace police in other capacity, allowing more law enforcement to respond at the Capitol, the defense official said.

Before Wednesday afternoon, the Pentagon had sought to keep the military response to pro-Trump protests small, still smarting from outcry to a much larger military response in June to protests in the District following the police killing of George Floyd. Defense officials had activated 340 D.C. guardsmen, with 170 on duty at a time.

Yes, but on whose side?

If history is a guide, they will be on the side promising the biggest donative.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2021, 03:43:09 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2021, 03:34:38 PM

Thanks Elijah for helping with your future prosecution. :cheers:

That guy seems to be a journalist of some stripe, I think I saw other tweets by him covering the situation.

The following pic is from Pelosi's office, apparently:

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2021, 03:47:24 PM
Reports that shots have been fired
Same shots that (probably) killed that woman?  Or different shots?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

The whole Capitol will need to be disinfected for covid after this.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson