News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Apparently MSNBC started showing it, he got about 10 lies in 10 sentences deep and they cut away.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2020, 01:27:48 AM
I see esp. the destruction of records as a very likely risk. He's paranoid about people spying on him or finding out things about him, so I would expect that he would try to get rid of anything that he considers potentially incriminating.

The Presidential records Act would seem to protect against that, but the pardon power makes the PRA invalid.  Trump could order a small group to defy the act and destory whatever he wants, then issue them a blanket pardon.

The only hope is that he is serious about the absurd idea of running again in 2024. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

It seemed more about trying to save his grip on the Republican party than anything else.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: grumbler on November 05, 2020, 07:16:49 PM
The only hope is that he is serious about the absurd idea of running again in 2024.
Is there anything that he could do/have done to him legally or whatever that would prevent him from running again? Aside from death of course. Although that isn't enough to prevent people from running and winning it seems.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 05, 2020, 07:03:46 PM
Apparently MSNBC started showing it, he got about 10 lies in 10 sentences deep and they cut away.
yeah apparently the time it took me to go take a piss, sorry tmi  :lmfao:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 05, 2020, 07:19:02 PM
Is there anything that he could do/have done to him legally or whatever that would prevent him from running again? Aside from death of course. Although that isn't enough to prevent people from running and winning it seems.

Unless convicted of  federal felony, not as far as I am aware.  Getting impeached would make him ineligible, but he cannot be impeached when out of office.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: grumbler on November 05, 2020, 07:49:17 PM
Unless convicted of  federal felony, not as far as I am aware.  Getting impeached would make him ineligible, but he cannot be impeached when out of office.
Gotcha. Thanks.  :thumbsup:

mongers

Al Jazeera I think covered it in full as I watched that last half or so of it.

Then there was a bit of a dust up between their news anchor and their White house correspondent who took exception to the statement that Trump had made unsubstantiated claims. Very odd, one journalist flat out challenging the other and at the same time 'defending' Trump.   :huh:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on November 05, 2020, 07:49:17 PM

are you sure?  I remember reading something about it 2 years ago, some treasury official that got impeached after being sacked...  It was from the 19th century, either during Ulysse S. Grant's presidency or just after.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on November 05, 2020, 08:05:47 PM

Then there was a bit of a dust up between their news anchor and their White house correspondent who took exception to the statement that Trump had made unsubstantiated claims. Very odd, one journalist flat out challenging the other and at the same time 'defending' Trump.   :huh:

Yeah, that's probably an OAN reporter.  They are really far up Trump's ass, and none too bright.  Yesterday they were complaining that Democrats are hypocrites because they focus on mail-in when woman can vote too.  At least that's what my brother said, he's the one that watches those asshole.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2020, 08:33:53 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 05, 2020, 08:05:47 PM

Yeah, that's probably an OAN reporter.  They are really far up Trump's ass, and none too bright.  Yesterday they were complaining that Democrats are hypocrites because they focus on mail-in when woman can vote too.  At least that's what my brother said, he's the one that watches those asshole.

Thanks for the explanation Raz.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Steve Bannon fantasizes about not just firing Fauci and Wray, but "going back to Tudor England" and putting their heads on spikes in front of the White House as warning to federal bureaucrats to get with the program.

Video:

https://twitter.com/peltzmadeline/status/1324471538310127618?s=20
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

The Presidential records Act would seem to protect against that, but the pardon power makes the PRA invalid.  Trump could order a small group to defy the act and destory whatever he wants, then issue them a blanket pardon.

I remember early in his administration there was a story about how Trump after he's done with notes tears them apart and puts them in the bin. There were some White House staff who were tasked with reconstructing the President's papers to meet the PRA requirement :bleeding:

QuoteYeah, that's probably an OAN reporter.  They are really far up Trump's ass, and none too bright. 
And maybe, soon, Trump TV :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 05, 2020, 07:03:46 PM

I don't mind telling you that I hate MSNBC.  My mom has it on 24/7 even while she sleeps.  Drives me batty.  She'll tell me about some political event, or scandal, or whatever and when I check to make sure it's true I find out that it is not.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017