News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 08, 2020, 04:00:56 PM
Don't you need a grand jury to indict somebody?

Not necessarily.  Grand jury indictments and ordinary indictments are different, though federal felonies require a grand jury indictment.  Most states and federal misdemeanors don't require a grand jury indictment.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 08, 2020, 03:33:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 08, 2020, 02:36:04 PM
Now obviously you have your die-hard MAGA-heads who no, you won't change their mind, but I don't believe 40% of voters are that dedicated.
A huge percentage seems to believe that he is the savior. I don't get that at all.

I think it is what we talked about earlier:  these people know that their stance is indefensible, so they are committed to some "belief that goes beyond reasoning" to continue to defend the unforgivable.  It's like a death cult.  I'm told I should forgive them but FUCK THEM!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

:yes:
Quote from: grumbler on October 08, 2020, 07:06:44 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 08, 2020, 03:33:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 08, 2020, 02:36:04 PM
Now obviously you have your die-hard MAGA-heads who no, you won't change their mind, but I don't believe 40% of voters are that dedicated.
A huge percentage seems to believe that he is the savior. I don't get that at all.

I think it is what we talked about earlier:  these people know that their stance is indefensible, so they are committed to some "belief that goes beyond reasoning" to continue to defend the unforgivable.  It's like a death cult.  I'm told I should forgive them but FUCK THEM!
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

Is it okay if I have a deep and horrible loathing toward them, but I don't want to fuck them?

I mean, I have standards.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: PDH on October 08, 2020, 09:12:24 PM
Is it okay if I have a deep and horrible loathing toward them, but I don't want to fuck them?

They...are...broken. No saving them.

Pick a side, because if you dont, they will do it for you.

The left has started getting their heads out of their asses and have started to arming themselves. Told you all, we will see blood in the streets in our life time a few years back.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on October 09, 2020, 12:19:35 AM
Quote from: PDH on October 08, 2020, 09:12:24 PM

They...are...broken. No saving them.

Pick a side, because if you dont, they will do it for you.

The left has started getting their heads out of their asses and have started to arming themselves. Told you all, we will see blood in the streets in our life time a few years back.

https://youtu.be/BGLGzRXY5Bw
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 09, 2020, 06:28:38 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on October 08, 2020, 05:15:28 PM
REGENERON!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1314297485318217728
I'm not normally a big fan of their ads - but that is very good :lol:

Steve Schmidt really really really dislikes Trump  :lol:

QuoteYou've never beaten me at anything. This is our first dance. Did you like, Covita? We are so much better at this than your team of crooks, wife beaters, degenerates, weirdos and losers. You are losing. We heard you loved Evita. You saw it so many times. Where will you live out your years in disgrace? Will you buy Jeffrey Epstein's island?  One last extra special deal from him? Or will you be drooling on yourself in a suite at Walter Reed? Maybe you will be in prison? I bet you fear that. The Manhattan District Attorney may not be around to cover for you or your crooked kids anymore. Eliza Orlins doesn't believe in different sets of rules for the Trumps. What about the State Attorney General? You know what you've done. Oh, Donald. Who do you owe almost $500 million in personally guaranteed loans to? It's all coming down. You think you and your disgusting family are going to be in deal-flow next year? Are you really that delusional?
You are lucky Chris Wallace interrupted you after Joe Biden said you weren't smart. You started to melt down. That's the place that hurts the most. Right? Fred Sr., knew it. You've spent your whole life proving it. You aren't very smart. You couldn't take the SAT on your own. What was the real score? 970?  We both know you know. Are the steroids wearing off? Is the euphoria fading? Do you feel foggy? Tired? Do you ache? How is the breathing?   Hmmm.  Are you watching TV today? We will have some nice surprises for you.  Everyone is laughing at you. You are a joke. A splendid moron turned deadly clown. Did you watch Martha McSally in her debate against American hero, fighter pilot, test pilot, astronaut Capt. Mark Kelly? She is so embarrassed by you. She is ashamed and full of self-loathing for the choice she made in following you over the cliff. She is in free fall now. She will lose, like most of them,  because of you.
We hear from the White House and the campaign everyday. They are betraying you. They are looking to get out alive and salvage careers and their names. It's Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner vs. Donald Trump Jr., and Kimberly Guilfoyle on the inside. They are at war over scraps and who gets to command what will be the remnants of your rancid cult. It's almost over now. You are the greatest failure in American history. You are the worst president in American history. Disgrace will always precede your name. Your grandchildren and great-grandchildren will grow up ashamed of their names. One day, I suppose there will be some small and not-much-visited library that bears your name. It will be the type of place where a drunk walks by, staring at the wall for a minute,  before deciding it is beneath his dignity to piss on. That's what is waiting for you. Joe Biden is a better man. He's smarter. He's winning. Do you remember when you didn't want to name Donald Trump Jr., Donald because you were worried about him being a loser named Donald? You were right about that. He is. But it is you who will be remembered as America's greatest loser. You will be crushed in the election.
Shhhhhhhh.

FunkMonk

REGENERON!

Yeah, they're basically grifters but this one made me laugh out loud.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on October 09, 2020, 06:35:06 AM
REGENERON!

Damn, the intense personal hatred can be felt across the screen.  :lol:

The Minsky Moment

He's a McCainiac. They have good reason to despise Trump in a personal way.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on October 09, 2020, 08:45:38 AM
Quote from: celedhring on October 09, 2020, 06:35:06 AM
REGENERON!

Damn, the intense personal hatred can be felt across the screen.  :lol:

I posted it all together, but it was a 15-part twitter tirade  :lol: