News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Commission wants virtual debate on the 15th, Trump is not impressed:

QuoteI'm not going to do a virtual debate. I'm not gonna waste my time on a virtual debate, that's not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do it, debates? Ridiculous. And then they cut you off whenever they want.

If he cannot just yell people into submission, he is not participating.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

What a doofus. He is way behind in the polls. His only hope is to have Biden blunder badly, and the best chance of that is in a debate. It is probably to Biden's benefit to cancel the debates, but Biden doesn't want to propose that because the campaign that moves to cancel is going to take a backlash. Trump canceling? That is a double win.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

fromtia

Quote from: Tamas on October 08, 2020, 07:38:26 AM
I am going to risk offending more people into voting for him, but he is one of the stupidest person I have ever witnessed in any position of authority.

You've gone too far. I'm voting for him out of sympathy.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Eddie Teach

Nobody cares if you insult Trump. It's insulting their Trump-voting friends and family which pisses people off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on October 08, 2020, 09:57:56 AM

What is "rank democracy"? :unsure:

Wasn't this guy infected too? Probably on the same drug cocktail as Trump.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 08, 2020, 10:03:14 AM
Nobody cares if you insult Trump. It's insulting their Trump-voting friends and family which pisses people off.

Then they may be more idiotic then their Trump supporting idiot friends.

FunkMonk

Senator Palpatine calls for the formation of the FIRST AMERICAN EMPIRE.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

I'm on board for anyone to insult my Trump-voting uncle.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

That is fine with me, but insulting people who are on the fence is just counterproductive and stupid.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

"Rank" in this context would be "absolute" or "complete and utter." 

There's nothing surprising of untoward about this statement, other than the vocabulary chosen.  Unfettered democracy has been described as "two lions and a sheep voting on what's for lunch."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

So says every Trumpeter.  In reality, Trump-voting non-fascists deserve to be insulted.  They are morons who value their feels above their country.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on October 08, 2020, 10:36:29 AM

That is fine with me, but insulting accurately describing people who are on the fence is just counterproductive and stupid.

People who are "on the fence" about Trump either just woke up from a four-year coma or are secretly Trumpeters who are ashamed to admit it.  It's like being "on the fence" about Osama bin Laden.

Bayraktar!

FunkMonk

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/10/08/feds-thwart-militia-plot-kidnap-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer/5922301002/

QuoteThe FBI thwarted what they described as a plot to violently overthrow the government and kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and federal prosecutors are expected to discuss the alleged conspiracy later Thursday.

The alleged plot involved reaching out to members of a Michigan militia, according to a federal affidavit filed Thursday.

"Several members talked about murdering 'tyrants' or 'taking' a sitting governor," an FBI agent wrote in the affidavit. "The group decided they needed to increase their numbers and encouraged each other to talk to their neighbors and spread their message."

Insane Right-Wingers: We're gonna overthrow the government.

*Is arrested*

Insane Right-Wingers: We're being OPPRESSED for our BELIEFS.

:hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on October 08, 2020, 10:40:46 AM

So says every Trumpeter.  In reality, Trump-voting non-fascists deserve to be insulted.  They are morons who value their feels above their country.

There's a difference between what someone deserves, and what is effective.

A Trump voted probably does deserve to be insulted.  But if you're trying to get them to change their vote, insulting them is a highly ineffective tactic.

Edit: There's two relatively prominent GOP #NeverTrump groups out there stumping for Biden.  One if the Lincoln Project, which has gotten a lot of coverage.  It tends to do a lock of mocking of Trump.  Personally I find their stuff hilarious, but it's very much preaching to the choir.

The other is Republican Voters Against Trump.  They just put out a whole bunch of testimonials - some voter will tape themselves, explain why they're a republican and then explain why it's important to vote for Joe Biden.  Not nearly so funny, no real mocking of the GOP - but my bet is that approach is far more likely to get someone to change their mind.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.