News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

I don't understand.  Trump is one of the most heavily protected persons in the world.  He is supposed to have hundreds of people protecting him.  COVID 19 is a known risk, and there are effective preventive measures.  Where is the secret service?  Why did they allow this to happen? 

Eddie Teach

Are you being facetious? The Secret Service aren't going to stop him talking to people.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Part of me thinks that this could be a ruse (bone spurs Mk 2), trying to gain sympathy, make democrats who attack him look bad, and to get out of the next debates where rules might be changed in his disfavor.

Another, larger part of me thinks that this kind of planning would give him too much credit (though the effects remain, of course).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

As was said why would Trump turn down the adulation of rallies and opportunities to be on TV?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Yeah Tim raised a good point. Even if his advisors came up with this he wouldn't not go on TV.

Syt

Let's see if he actually stays inside until he's virus free. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

This simulation is too wild for me. I'm turning it off and going back to Westworld.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Extraordinary though that people for a moment temporarily doubt whether they're telling the truth and if he does, in fact, have it or not.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 02, 2020, 04:01:03 AM
Extraordinary though that people for a moment temporarily doubt whether they're telling the truth and if he does, in fact, have it or not.

Why is that extraordinary? We've had nearly four years of lies from Trump.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2020, 04:06:48 AM
Why is that extraordinary? We've had nearly four years of lies from Trump.
Not in the context of Trump - I still remember the before times :P

More generally that the White House would release a statement saying the President's ill with a potentially serious virus and normal people are thinking "is he really tho?" :hmm: That sort of thing used to be the preserve of the tin-hat brigade. It's now, understandably, normal.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Trump's doctors routinely lie about his results, so a certain skepticism seems to be in order.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Brain on October 02, 2020, 04:12:16 AM
Trump's doctors routinely lie about his results, so a certain skepticism seems to be in order.
In terms of niche conspiracy theories - I look at Trump's old doctor (I think they fell out) and the French doctor pushing hydroxychloroquine and I feel like something is going on:

:mellow: :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 02, 2020, 04:22:52 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 02, 2020, 04:12:16 AM
In terms of niche conspiracy theories - I look at Trump's old doctor (I think they fell out) and the French doctor pushing hydroxychloroquine and I feel like something is going on:

:mellow: :hmm:

My God.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.