News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Trump's Rasmussen numbers are the worst they've been yet.  Just 38% approval and -25 on strongly approve/disapprove :pinch:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_aug2

Bring on Pence! :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Spicey has always been rooting for the several year long vacation bible camp that the Pence Presidency would surely be.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on August 02, 2017, 10:42:56 AM
Spicey has always been rooting for the several year long vacation bible camp that the Pence Presidency would surely be.

Hey, that would only be suffered by you lot, whereas a nucular holocaust launched in a hissy fit of a senile manchild would affect us all.

Malthus

Quote from: Tamas on August 02, 2017, 10:49:37 AM

Hey, that would only be suffered by you lot, whereas a nucular holocaust launched in a hissy fit of a senile manchild would affect us all.

The rest of the world is just waiting for America to RePence. Bibles and no abortions for all (of you)!

Well, better than the alternative.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Vacation bible *camp* would probably be more fun than the vacation bible *school* that I endured.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 02, 2017, 11:26:47 AM

Vacation bible *camp* would probably be more fun than the vacation bible *school* that I endured.  :)

When you're a teen, it sure as shit is :ph34r:

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2017, 11:33:54 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 02, 2017, 11:26:47 AM

When you're a teen, it sure as shit is :ph34r:

A before V like the mormons?!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 02, 2017, 03:30:06 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2017, 11:28:10 PM
Yeah, that sounds about right for this DOJ's attitude towards civil rights.  Colored folk getting all uppity again, what with the vote and all.  And now booklearning? They need to know their place again.

Won't the Ivies just get taken over by East Asians like the Cali schools did?

If anything does come of this, universities will probably just use a different criterion which correlates strongly with race (probably socioeconomic factors and location.)  The University of Michigan used to have a "Point system" for admissions where you were assigned so many points based on academics, school achievement and the like.  Underrepresented minorities got an additional 20 points (of a maximum 150 points.)  Then there was a ballot initiative which forbade using race for hiring or college admissions for state institutions.  So Michigan (after a series of lawsuits) dropped their point system and went with a "Holistic Approach" where they gave greater consideration to underrepresented area or socioeconomic factors.

Overall the number of African Americans at Michigan dropped; but they aren't able to use underrepresented location as a consideration for out of state students, while the Ivies can.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on August 02, 2017, 08:38:44 AM
Are you suggesting the Ivies are holding back the Asian menace?

They used to keep us safe from the Jewish menace.   :Joos

If Trump truly wanted to stick it to the elites (I'm sure he doesn't), he should have the Justice Department investigate preferential treatment given to children of wealthy donors at elite universities.  Oh the lamentations and weeping and great mourning we would hear from Washington DC at that.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

"Today in Arts & Crafts, boys and girls, we learn how to make bombs for abortion clinics."

garbon

Damn as a teen, I could have made a killing. Lure them in with my scriptural knowledge then hit them up with the carnal desires.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Pfft, gay seduction at Bible camp goes as far back as the Bible itself.

FunkMonk

So the first significant piece of legislation passed and signed by Donald is sanctions against Russia because he was forced to by overwhelmingly bipartisan agreement in Congress lmao  :lol:

Is this the weakest the Executive Branch has ever been in American history?

Admittedly, Donald will have the last laugh when the sky turns to ash and the seas boil over next spring.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.