And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 31, 2017, 05:52:17 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 31, 2017, 05:47:04 PM
Anyone here even got remotely close to imaging this sort of um.. bullshit/madness/frat-house bullying was going to happen in this administration?

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2016, 06:59:53 PM
Everything you need to know about Donald Trump's management style is right there on The Apprentice--
1) can't be bothered with the details,
2) lets family and minions do the heavy lifting, but
3) insists on being the final arbiter of The Big Decisions.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2016, 10:38:16 PM
Said it before, I'll say it again: everything you need to know about The Donald's decision-making process you can find on The Apprentice.

That being said, I think his administration will break the record for most West Wing resignations in a single term.

Money, I'll give you that.  :D

But I was really aiming my comment at the 'he'll become presidential and be moderated by the establishment' crowd here.

Or look at it another way, the comment was a 'you need to prick yourself sometime' to realise this is actually going on, it's the real world.  :wacko:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Jeff Flake (GOP senator from Arizona) says Trump is terrible in his new book, apparently. I wonder if it'll translate into some kind of action.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/31/my-party-is-in-denial-about-donald-trump-215442

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on July 31, 2017, 06:54:22 PM
Jeff Flake (GOP senator from Arizona) says Trump is terrible in his new book, apparently. I wonder if it'll translate into some kind of action.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/31/my-party-is-in-denial-about-donald-trump-215442

Yes, of the in- variety.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 31, 2017, 04:23:54 PM
Today's news from Rasmussen:

39% approval.  First time Trump has ever gone below 40 in a Rasmussen poll.  Strong approve/disapprove split is 26-49.
33% say country is going in right direction
37% back the wall, 56% against

This despite very solid recent GDP and personal income numbers.

Just hit an all time high for dissaproval on the 538 Trump Tracker

56.2% dissaprove, 38.2% approve
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Christ. :bleeding:

https://twitter.com/thepacketrat/status/891404141108621312
QuoteAll Sequoia voting machines have a common hard-coded password. yay.  #defcon #VotingVillage
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 31, 2017, 07:03:27 PM

39% approval.  First time Trump has ever gone below 40 in a Rasmussen poll.  Strong approve/disapprove split is 26-49.

It could say 20% and it won't mean shit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: 11B4V on July 31, 2017, 07:18:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 31, 2017, 07:03:27 PM

It could say 20% and it won't mean shit.
The Congressional GOP would throw him over in a hearbeat if he hit 20%. This isn't a president like W that they liked and are willing to protect if he becomes unpopular. They hate him and he hates them. They tolerate him because their voters like him. If that ceases to be the case they will turn on him in an instant.

1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 31, 2017, 07:38:46 PM
The Congressional GOP would throw him over in a hearbeat if he hit 20%. This isn't a president like W that they liked and are willing to protect if he becomes unpopular. They hate him and he hates them. They tolerate him because their voters like him. If that ceases to be the case they will turn on him in an instant.

STFU already.  Don't you have civil defense drills to practice for or something?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on July 31, 2017, 07:42:26 PM
Don't Stop Believin'

Timmy's right.  House and Senate have already passed near-unanimous legislation taking Russia sanctions out of Trump's hands.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 31, 2017, 07:43:00 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 31, 2017, 07:38:46 PM

STFU already.  Don't you have civil defense drills to practice for or something?

I work 100 meters from the Sejong Government Complex. What would be the point?

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 31, 2017, 07:46:07 PM
I work 100 meters from the Sejong Government Complex. What would be the point?

Cardio?

jimmy olsen

Lol  :lol:

https://twitter.com/mattdrange/status/891059985676996608
QuoteThe best part of this @NewYorker cartoon is that it was published *on Wednesday*

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Monday: "I'm happy to serve my country and President Trump."
Thursday: "I felt I could best serve the President by stepping aside."
Friday: "I would like to see Special Counsel Mueller. I do not have an appointment."

jimmy olsen

Mooch beat the record by one day.

Previous holder.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Koehler
QuoteIn 1987, Koehler, who was friends with Ronald Reagan, became the White House Communications Director.[1] However, Koehler resigned after just one week in the White House after it became public that he had been a member of the Deutsches Jungvolk, a Nazi government youth division, when he was just ten years old.

1 Karma Chameleon point