And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 04, 2017, 11:10:03 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2017, 08:24:22 AM
Really wish Der Trumpinator would stop referring to North Korea in terminal language. 

Adios, Timmay.  Enjoy your 3rd degree burns before your radiation sickness takes care of things.

Seriously, those people on cable news who write headlines about North Korea need to consider very carefully how they present it.

Go fuck yourself.

Oexmelin

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2017, 11:22:46 AM

Go fuck yourself.

:huh:

I am serious. Trump gets inordinately fired up by cable news. The wrong tone in headlines can frighteningly escalate things
Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

The wrong tone in headlines?  How about the wrong tone from the President himself?
I don't think the North Koreans give two royal rat fucks about how Fake News Network fashions its headlines compared to the language directly used by the President of the United States.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 04, 2017, 05:15:56 AM
Surely the implication is that there are people who will die no matter what. Those afflicted with terminal cancer, other incurable diseases, and wounded in serious accidents, etc. Those aren't the people I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the people who could be saved, and would be saved in other 1st World countries, but American society chooses not to.

OK, if you think it will be impossible to discover cures for currently incurable diseases.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: bogh on July 04, 2017, 06:59:33 AM
Obviously the statement that people will die is true for any of the scenarios above, but it is much TRUER for some of them. The size and direction of the effect obviously plays a role in the rhetoric that can be reasonably employed.

Would you consider railing against a bill that will increase the deficit massively inconsistent, unless you give that same speech constantly and for everything that does not resolve eliminate the deficit entirely, irrespective of whether the bill in question reduces the deficit significantly, has a marginal impact or massively increases it?

That's pretty much my entire point.  She's using rhetoric suited to condemnation of pure evil to criticize a relative preference.

It would be more honest if people just said that anyone on the same of side of an issue as them can't be mocked.  ;)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 04, 2017, 02:10:41 PM
She's using rhetoric suited to condemnation of pure evil to criticize a relative preference.

Well it is a bit evil to take away healthcare from people with no real back up for them just because you've been parading that you know better on healthcare. Not really sure how that's a relative preference situation.

It's just my preference, sir, that you be dead.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Oexmelin

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2017, 12:52:24 PM
The wrong tone in headlines?  How about the wrong tone from the President himself?
I don't think the North Koreans give two royal rat fucks about how Fake News Network fashions its headlines compared to the language directly used by the President of the United States.

Indeed, North Korea doesn't give a fuck about CNN. It's Trump who does. What I am saying is that Trump will react, not to intelligence briefings,  but to what fucking Joe Scarborough is going to say about North Korea.
Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 04, 2017, 02:20:07 PM
Indeed, North Korea doesn't give a fuck about CNN. It's Trump who does. What I am saying is that Trump will react, not to intelligence briefings,  but to what fucking Joe Scarborough is going to say about North Korea.

No, he won't, because he doesn't.  He doesn't tweet "...end this nonsense once and for all" because Fox & Friends says so.

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on July 04, 2017, 10:43:33 AM
Apparently, Disney will add a "Robot Trump" to its hall of Presidents - with a speaking role.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trump-speak-disney-world-hall-of-presidents_us_595128dbe4b0da2c731d3608

What will it say?  :D

It can say all the stuff they removed from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 04, 2017, 06:22:38 PM
It can say all the stuff they removed from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

They'll just reuse one of the bears from the Country Bear Jamboree and spray-paint it orange.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2017, 08:24:22 AM
Really wish Der Trumpinator would stop referring to North Korea in terminal language. 

Adios, Timmay.  Enjoy your 3rd degree burns before your radiation sickness takes care of things.

I work right next to the Sejong Government center, my death would be instant!  :blurgh: :frog:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Morning Joe isn't even on CNN
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

IMO as well they should. Eat Shit Mr Prez.

Forty-four states have refused to give certain voter information to Trump commission

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/kris-kobach-letter-voter-fraud-commission-information/index.html
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on July 04, 2017, 07:57:37 PM

Morning Joe isn't even on CNN

Your short bus needs to hit a concrete barrier tomorrow.