News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: bogh on July 01, 2017, 02:15:50 PM
So loss of American lives is not a direct effect of a US dow (only enemy lives lost are)?

If you can tell how this question relates to the topic I'll try to make up an answer that doesn't sound too stupid.

Razgovory

Sounds pretty indirect.  A direct result is a necessary result.  An indirect result could just be a likely result.  Declaring war doesn't necessarily result in deaths.  It's just a very likely result.  Like repealing the ACA.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881503147168071680

It's not really surprising me anymore and I bet his followers love it. But what the fuck is going on.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

Trump is like Londo Mollari.  The Trump from before the election campaign was Londo before his association with the Shadows, the election campaign Trump was Londo as an agent of Shadows, and Trump's presidency is Londo after getting his keeper.  Twitter to Trump must be like alcohol to Londo, a chance to wrestle few minutes of control for yourself so that you can deliberately sabotage yourself.

Eddie Teach

That is the most Languish post I've read in a while.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on July 02, 2017, 10:54:16 AM
It's not really surprising me anymore and I bet his followers love it. But what the fuck is going on.

Welcome to the beginning of the end.  :)

Legbiter

Legendary shitposting.

It's like he's been reading Languish, Syt posted a variant on that meme back during the campaign.  :thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

What's up, Legbiter?  Got tired of hitting children with the car and buttfucking their bleeding and broken bodies at the accident scene this weekend?  It's the jagged tooth remnants that's the turn-off for you, just facefucking a partially paralyzed toddler isn't the same if it's abrasive, is it?

Eddie Teach

Dude, where do you come up with this stuff? :x
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Zanza

Idiocracy.

bogh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 01, 2017, 02:27:16 PM
Quote from: bogh on July 01, 2017, 02:15:50 PM
So loss of American lives is not a direct effect of a US dow (only enemy lives lost are)?

If you can tell how this question relates to the topic I'll try to make up an answer that doesn't sound too stupid.

Would you regard someone calling out the certainty of US soldiers dying as a consequence of a DOW over the top or histrionic?

Overall, I find the rejection of  objections (that people will die) pretty lame - and fudging it in some odd indirect vs. direct separation is semantics.

Just say out loud that you care more about your tax dollars and personal cost than about the fact that other people might die. That is an actual POV. The idea that cutting back health care wont directly impact anyone is dishonest. Ridiculing people for stating that mortality rates among people dropping off insurance will go up, calling them hysterical and stupid, is an attempt to evade the actual conversation and dodge having to state the actual POV.

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 02, 2017, 02:03:59 PM
Dude, where do you come up with this stuff? :x

Seriously, get that man a therapist, stat!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: bogh on July 02, 2017, 02:28:55 PM
Overall, I find the rejection of  objections (that people will die) pretty lame - and fudging it in some odd indirect vs. direct separation is semantics.

Just say out loud that you care more about your tax dollars and personal cost than about the fact that other people might die. That is an actual POV. The idea that cutting back health care wont directly impact anyone is dishonest. Ridiculing people for stating that mortality rates among people dropping off insurance will go up, calling them hysterical and stupid, is an attempt to evade the actual conversation and dodge having to state the actual POV.

Yi has always been about the Benyimins in that whole abstract, theoretical, Paul-Ryan-junior-chemistry-set kinda way that makes him more smarterer than everybody else. 

It's pretty easy to see through his bullshit, so don't even bother addressing it. We all know what he's really saying.  Been shoveling it for years.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: bogh on July 02, 2017, 02:28:55 PM
Would you regard someone calling out the certainty of US soldiers dying as a consequence of a DOW over the top or histrionic?

I think it's histrionic because, as I mentioned earlier, we can always spend one more dollar to decrease a chance of death somewhere in the world, or further regulate human activity to achieve the same end.  That's the point made by the rather brilliant parody video.  Obamacare didn't cover 100% of Americans, and by the logic you laid out PEOPLE DIED as a result.  To achieve internal consistency Warren would have had to give that same speech throughout the Obama administration, until the day we were spending 100% of GDP on health care.

I have also have an undeveloped idea that all attempts to cast shame are going to be met with derision.  Another one is that for an emotional outburst to have some impact the incident needs to be distinguishable from the person's base state.