News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

He brings it on himself.  If Huckafille goes out there and says it's a silly morning tweet and a non-story, fine.   But she's stuck with the Donald line that his tweets are like proverbs of wisdom to be set into stone, and starts blustering insanely about "fighting fire with fire" and not being pushed around. 

The man responsible for our nuclear arsenal and relations with China, NK etc. can't de-escalate a conflict with Morning Joe.  that is a story.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 29, 2017, 04:24:55 PM
He brings it on himself.  If Huckafille goes out there and says it's a silly morning tweet and a non-story, fine.   But she's stuck with the Donald line that his tweets are like proverbs of wisdom to be set into stone, and starts blustering insanely about "fighting fire with fire" and not being pushed around. 

The man responsible for our nuclear arsenal and relations with China, NK etc. can't de-escalate a conflict with Morning Joe.  that is a story.

Why would he want to de-escalate the conflict?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on June 29, 2017, 04:27:15 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 29, 2017, 04:24:55 PM

Why would he want to de-escalate the conflict?

Because if he were a normal President, he'd want to try and have the news cycle be about how his travel ban is going into effect today thanks to the USSC.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: Savonarola on June 29, 2017, 04:13:15 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2017, 01:38:57 PM
I wish the internet would stop trying to get everybody upset about every damn little idiotic thing.

This was going to be a big story since there's no subject the press finds more interesting than themselves.  Once again, just CNN (where this story is currently the headline):

Donald Trump's bullying of Mika Brzezinski crosses a big line
GOP lawmakers blast Trump's 'Morning Joe' tweets
Trump tweets shocking assault on Brzezinski, Scarborough
SE Cupp: Healthy, happy people do not behave like Trump
GOP Rep. Lynn Jenkins slams Trump for 'unacceptable' tweets
Trump tweets insults at MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski
Why Trump's offensive tweets don't get him kicked off Twitter
Trump tweets about this more than anything

Covfefegate generated 10 stories, but I do expect at least a couple more on this endlessly fascinating story by tomorrow.

He throws them these squirrels to chase once or twice every week whenever it threatens to be a slow news day. :hmm:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

11B4V

That bloated cow is worse than Spicy.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 29, 2017, 06:52:12 PM

Women that resemble their fathers too much are just creepy. And she looks like Mike Huckabee in drag, circa 1985.

Ed Anger

Trump is gonna send Hope Hicks to cut low IQ Mika.

Excuse me, BRB.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 29, 2017, 07:18:22 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 29, 2017, 06:52:12 PM

Women that resemble their fathers too much are just creepy. And she looks like Mike Huckabee in drag, circa 1985.

Spot on  :lol:

https://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/preacher-huckabee/Content?oid=2135998
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 29, 2017, 07:24:02 PM
Trump is gonna send Hope Hicks to cut low IQ Mika.

Excuse me, BRB.

Are you shitting me?  Mika would shiv that teenybopper rube.  That's like trying to send Martim Silva up against Henry Kissinger.

Ed Anger

:lol:

Kissinger would strip and oil up.

Excuse me, BRB.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Legbiter on June 29, 2017, 06:37:15 PM

:lol:

What the fuck brought your ass out to the slop trough, Templeton? Did you sense people dying from lack of healthcare or something today?

CountDeMoney

You guys should read the Wall Street Journal tonight if you can. 

QuoteGOP Operative Sought Clinton Emails From Hackers, Implied a Connection to Flynn