News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Senate just confirmed that total douche as EPA director. Jesus fucking christ Schumer, you couldn't find 3 Goptards that still had a vague notion of integrity?

Valmy

Quote from: Delirium on February 17, 2017, 12:51:40 PM
I admire your energy. What would you guys be talking about if Hilary had won?

Oh plenty of crazy shit would be happening if Hillary won.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on February 17, 2017, 01:20:46 PM
Senate just confirmed that total douche as EPA director. Jesus fucking christ Schumer, you couldn't find 3 Goptards that still had a vague notion of integrity?

A judge has compelled him and his office in OK to release thousands of emails between him and the energy industry, but that doesn't happen until Tuesday.

And no, coind find them.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2017, 12:50:03 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 12:07:45 PM
yes, but not in the way you're using fact checking. read both of my statements -- trump believes what he says in both of them. in the second statement in your post (my initial statement), I was saying it makes no sense for him to lie (a "lie" will always serve a purpose) when people know he's lying or his lie can be easily debunked. in the first statement in your post (my later statement), I was saying that trump probably doesn't change his view because he doesn't buy the attempts at fact-checking.

now, if one of his trusted advisors says to him, "hey, donnie, X isn't true," I don't know what happens. depending on what it is, maybe he believes it anyway or maybe he's convinced and that particular falsity isn't mentioned again.

I read both your statements.  In one you said intelligence + fact checking = not lying.  In the other you said fact checking = fake media.

your post isn't clear what you're saying. if you think when I said fact checking = fake news, it was me thinking that rather than trump thinking that, then I apologize for not saying in my earlier post this: "fake news" (ie with quotes)

Valmy

Here you go Languishites, let the GOP know what you think: https://gop.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

Damn. I have to say this sounds...ominous:
QuoteDo you believe that our Party should spend more time and resources holding the mainstream media accountable?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 01:49:25 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2017, 12:50:03 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 12:07:45 PM
yes, but not in the way you're using fact checking. read both of my statements -- trump believes what he says in both of them. in the second statement in your post (my initial statement), I was saying it makes no sense for him to lie (a "lie" will always serve a purpose) when people know he's lying or his lie can be easily debunked. in the first statement in your post (my later statement), I was saying that trump probably doesn't change his view because he doesn't buy the attempts at fact-checking.

now, if one of his trusted advisors says to him, "hey, donnie, X isn't true," I don't know what happens. depending on what it is, maybe he believes it anyway or maybe he's convinced and that particular falsity isn't mentioned again.

I read both your statements.  In one you said intelligence + fact checking = not lying.  In the other you said fact checking = fake media.

your post isn't clear what you're saying. if you think when I said fact checking = fake news, it was me thinking that rather than trump thinking that, then I apologize for not saying in my earlier post this: "fake news" (ie with quotes)

In my post both statements are from Trump's pov, the same as in your two original posts.

In the first you use Trump's fear of fact checking as an argument that he is not lying.  In your second post you say he is not bothered by fact checking.  Both these statements can not be true simultaneously.

I'll give you a hint: the one about him not being a liar is false.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2017, 03:15:29 PM
Here you go Languishites, let the GOP know what you think: https://gop.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

Damn. I have to say this sounds...ominous:
QuoteDo you believe that our Party should spend more time and resources holding the mainstream media accountable?

What is the GOP movement?

QuoteDo you believe that the media has been far too quick to spread false stories about our movement?

Also seems less like a questionnaire and more like an indoctrination session.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2017, 03:21:18 PMIn my post both statements are from Trump's pov, the same as in your two original posts.

In the first you use Trump's fear of fact checking as an argument that he is not lying.  In your second post you say he is not bothered by fact checking.  Both these statements can not be true simultaneously.

I'll give you a hint: the one about him not being a liar is false.

trump believes in the concept of fact checking, but when it's him actually being fact-checked, he thinks it's bs in a "refuse to believe" sense. do you see what I'm saying? both of the statements can be true simultaneously

put another way, trump can believe that fact checkers exist to disprove the things he says, so that's why he's not lying. but when it actually does happen each and every time, he refuses to believe the fact checking. with the former, his thinking is rational, but with the latter, his thinking is irrational.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2017, 07:05:13 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 06:36:25 PM
do you see what I'm saying?

No.

Put your #TrumpGoggles on. They're like beer goggles, but distort reality and perception.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Trump contemplated mobilizing 100,000 national guard to round up illegals. :bleeding:

https://apnews.com/5508111d59554a33be8001bdac4ef830
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point