News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 10:42:27 AM
every tiny thing trump does is scrutinized to such an insane degree by the media and social media.
That's right.  It's because he is the President, not because he is Trump.  If he doesn't like it, well, he picked the wrong job to dabble in.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 11:05:31 AM
yeah, we all know trump's style. the media seems report trump's style every day as if it's the first time trump has ever done it. this adds more fuel to the fire, with constant articles bashing him for the style that everyone knows by this point. this isn't news--it's gratuitous. report things that are actually newsworthy, not more shitshow articles that are almost about as informative as "OMG trump!!"

Well that is the news-cycle that got him into power in the first place.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2017, 11:14:14 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 10:42:27 AM
every tiny thing trump does is scrutinized to such an insane degree by the media and social media.
That's right.  It's because he is the President, not because he is Trump.  If he doesn't like it, well, he picked the wrong job to dabble in.

That to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

LaCroix

Quote from: Berkut on February 17, 2017, 11:09:22 AM
The POTUS standing up in a press conference and lying to the American people is news. It is news the first time, the second time, and the nth time.

It is not a "style". It is fucking lying to the American people, amd it should be reported every single time it happens.

If you and Trump don't like it, stop doing it.

if you call what trump did "standing up . . . and lying to the American People," then you might as well call anyone who exaggerates a liar. trump's style and personality is he boasts and exaggerates all the time. he doesn't even know he's lying. you need intent to lie, and with how outraged trump gets over accusations that he lies, it's pretty clear he doesn't intend to lie in these situations. it's probably a defense mechanism more than anything.

this goes back to the whole "trump is Evil!"

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2017, 11:12:00 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 11:00:09 AM
and news media. I don't get where you think my post referred to only social media

I didn't.  But I don't see how it's even relevant what's on social media.

trump cares about what social media says. look at his activity on twitter and facebook.

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 11:18:02 AM
trump cares about what social media says. look at his activity on twitter and facebook.

I know. It's terrible. That is the last thing I want him worried about.

LaCroix

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2017, 11:14:14 AMThat's right.  It's because he is the President, not because he is Trump.  If he doesn't like it, well, he picked the wrong job to dabble in.

it doesn't matter what job he picked. what matters is he's the president now, and the news should report accurately but not gratuitously, nor should it exaggerate or keep constantly adding pressure.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 11:17:15 AM
it's pretty clear he doesn't intend to lie in these situations

That's not clear to anyone but you.

Valmy

if you call what trump did "standing up . . . and lying to the American People," then you might as well call anyone who exaggerates a liar. trump's style and personality is he boasts and exaggerates all the time. he doesn't even know he's lying. you need intent to lie, and with how outraged trump gets over accusations that he lies, it's pretty clear he doesn't intend to lie in these situations. it's probably a defense mechanism more than anything.

Ok so not evil but detached from reality. Hardly comforting.

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2017, 11:15:27 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 11:05:31 AM
yeah, we all know trump's style. the media seems report trump's style every day as if it's the first time trump has ever done it. this adds more fuel to the fire, with constant articles bashing him for the style that everyone knows by this point. this isn't news--it's gratuitous. report things that are actually newsworthy, not more shitshow articles that are almost about as informative as "OMG trump!!"

Well that is the news-cycle that got him into power in the first place.

I saw something, probably on Twitter so will never find it again, that said we have now moved past news cycles and into a Battlestar Galactica episode where there is a Cylon attack every 33 minutes.  :lol:

Berkut

Quote from: Berkut on February 17, 2017, 11:09:22 AM
The POTUS standing up in a press conference and lying to the American people is news. It is news the first time, the second time, and the nth time.

It is not a "style". It is fucking lying to the American people, amd it should be reported every single time it happens.

If you and Trump don't like it, stop doing it.

Horeshit. He didn't exaggerate, he lied. He said he had the most electoral votes than anyone else in whatever period of time, and that was false, it was a lie.

He got called on it, then tried to claim that he didn't know. How could he know it to be true, but NOT know it to be false? Did a fairy impart the knowledge to him?

He felt it was true enough to mention in a press conference that he knew was being televised to the public.

Should the media have NOT corrected his lie, and just let it stand? So that people like you could then repeat it as a fact, because if it was NOT true, surely some journalist would have said so, right?

He is a liar. He says things that are not true, and are obviously not true. He is responsible for the words he uses, and trying to dismiss his lies as exaggeration is dishonest lying as well.

So now YOU are as dishonest as he is, congratulations.

The media treats him like shit because he acts like shit, and little pieces of shit like you then propagate his shit. Demanding that the media pretend like his lies are not lies because he lies so much is repugnant.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2017, 11:20:14 AMThat's not clear to anyone but you.

if trump is on trial and has time to prepare what he's saying and he goes in and lies, that's easily a lie.

when he's in his Trump Zone, doing his style, he's pumped up and saying whatever comes to mind. he's saying what he actually believes in that moment, even if it's merely convenient for him to believe it in that moment. that's why he's so good, and that's why he can say such BS and make people believe it. because he believes it when he says it.

Berkut

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 11:20:01 AM
Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2017, 11:14:14 AMThat's right.  It's because he is the President, not because he is Trump.  If he doesn't like it, well, he picked the wrong job to dabble in.

it doesn't matter what job he picked. what matters is he's the president now, and the news should report accurately but not gratuitously, nor should it exaggerate or keep constantly adding pressure.

Tell me how the interaction with him lying about his electoral college votes (which, btw, is not the first time he has lied about this or been corrected on it) is the media reporting not accurately, or gratuitously, or adding pressure that isn't deserved?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 11:20:01 AM

There are many things that should be. I mean I don't really read the press very often outside of a very narrow band because most of it is garbage designed to sell advertising. There is zero motivation to moderate for much of the press, accurate and cool headed reporting doesn't generate clicks and attention. It doesn't generate advertising dollars. That kind of thing puts them out of a job. And with the internet as it is nobody really is going to give them much grief for doing it. Here you don't call out specific outlets you just label them all as bad. So why should they try to be good when they are going to be lumped in with the trash anyway?

There are some decent outlets though. Give them your attention and help them prosper.