What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

I feel "BITCHES" is missing from that tweet.

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  4m4 minutes ago

SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Man is that must be some kind of record. Not even through a month and already a Supreme Court case.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 09, 2017, 06:40:50 PM
If the Supreme Court is evenly split, does that mean the lower court's decision stands?

Yup
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on February 09, 2017, 06:41:26 PM

Just wait until he gets rejected on something really important.

MadImmortalMan

Is there a reason he couldn't start adding up more executive orders that do essentially the same thing while the courts chew on this one?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on February 09, 2017, 06:42:21 PM
Man is that must be some kind of record. Not even through a month and already a Supreme Court case.

Just because Trump wants it to go to the SCOTUS doesn't mean it will.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 09, 2017, 07:06:12 PM
Is there a reason he couldn't start adding up more executive orders that do essentially the same thing while the courts chew on this one?

What would stop them for issuing more blocks? It isn't like we are short of judges in America.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

I don't know. That's why I'm asking. Does this stop it or can it escalate?

CountDeMoney

It would be a lot less painful and less embarrassing if he simply rescinded the order, huddled up with White House counsel, DHS and some lawmakers, and issue something complete, proper and legal. 

But no, we can't think that way.  What a goof.

MadImmortalMan

I don't have faith in Trump's restraint...  :lol:

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2017, 07:49:52 PM
It would be a lot less painful and less embarrassing if he simply rescinded the order, huddled up with White House counsel, DHS and some lawmakers, and issue something complete, proper and legal. 

But no, we can't think that way.  What a goof.

:lol:

Maybe if we weren't in the spirit world.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on February 09, 2017, 02:14:15 PM
I was just kidding obviously.

But seriously the secessionists in California can go fuck themselves.

Hey!  Fuck you buddy!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Monoriu

My guess is that more people die from accidents caused by malfunctioning or poorly maintained home appliances than from terrorist attacks by people affected by Trump's travel ban.  This whole thing is senseless. 

sbr

Quote from: Monoriu on February 09, 2017, 08:10:57 PM
My guess is that more people die from accidents caused by malfunctioning or poorly maintained home appliances than from terrorist attacks by people affected by Trump's travel ban.  This whole thing is senseless.

As long as one person has been killed by a home appliance you are correct.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Liep on February 09, 2017, 06:41:26 PM

All caps  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.