What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on February 08, 2017, 05:52:57 PM
Quote from: citizen k on February 08, 2017, 05:34:19 PM
Gorsuch:"Trump's attack on judges demoralizing."

:hmm:

Could be just pandering to move a few Dem votes, honestly. He said that while meeting with a Dem Senator.

Admiral Yi

(((Feinstein))) had raves for Gorsuch after their private meeting.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 08, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

:lol: If the left wing of the democratic party swung behind Gorsuch, imagine the angst that would cause in Trump's base.

They aren't going to be able to stop him anyway. They should at least collect the LOLs and possibly save the filibuster (since republicans would almost certainly pull out the nuclear option).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Btw, I love how the right is doing everything they can to ensure Warren stands for President at some point.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Trump on the courts and his Muslim ban:

Quote"It's sad, I think it's a sad day. I think our security is at risk today. And it will be at risk until such time as we are entitled and get what we are entitled to as citizens of this country," Trump said. "It was done for the security of our nation. The security of our citizens. So that people come in who aren't going to do us harm. And that's why it was done. And it couldn't have been written any more precisely. It's not like, 'Oh gee, we wish it were written better.' It's written beautifully."

"You could be a lawyer, or you don't have to be a lawyer. If you were a good student in high school or a bad student in high school, you can understand this, and it's really incredible to me that we have a court case that's going on so long," Trump told his audience. "I was a good student. I understand things. I comprehend very well, OK? Better than, I think, almost anybody. And I want to tell you, I listened to a bunch of stuff last night on television that was disgraceful. It was disgraceful because what I just read to you is what we have. And it just can't be written any plainer or better and for us to be going through this."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-responds-travel-ban-law-enforcement-speech-234787

11B4V

Trump saying he wanted to delay the Travel Ban. He says he was told no.

WTF. It your order you fucking moron.

CNN Reporting.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/08/politics/donald-trump-travel-ban-delay/index.html
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: alfred russel on February 08, 2017, 06:18:48 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 08, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

:lol: If the left wing of the democratic party swung behind Gorsuch, imagine the angst that would cause in Trump's base.

They aren't going to be able to stop him anyway. They should at least collect the LOLs and possibly save the filibuster (since republicans would almost certainly pull out the nuclear option).

It seems more and more like collecting the LOLs for his or her constituents ought to be the primary legislative responsibility of an American elected official in 2017.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

viper37

Quote from: citizen k on February 08, 2017, 05:05:10 PM
Yes, they're moving his office furniture as we speak.
does he get to keep his confederate battle flag?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on February 08, 2017, 04:40:57 PM
My impression is that the underlying issue is a lack of will to commit resources (and by that I mean, more money) to improving crappy schools. I could be misinformed, however.

You're not; Dazzling Suburbanites will drone on about how many more dollars are spent on inner-shitty schools with less results; wealthier school systems generate more funding through local taxes than poorer school systems, so they receive less aid from the state than the poorer school systems.  Easier to blame teachers and inner-city schools, though.

sbr

Quote from: viper37 on February 08, 2017, 07:47:34 PM
Quote from: citizen k on February 08, 2017, 05:05:10 PM
Yes, they're moving his office furniture as we speak.
does he get to keep his confederate battle flag?

He'll probably have it turned into a suit and wear it at his swearing in.

FunkMonk

Donald's own Supreme Court nominee said Donald was demoralizing and disheartening  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

People in the future will not believe these are things that actually happened
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 08, 2017, 07:52:05 PM
People in the future will not believe these are things that actually happened

Robot Nixon would literally be a better president.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.