News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on February 05, 2017, 02:53:16 PM
this year, I feel safer that a terrorist attack won't happen during the super bowl. thank you mr. president

There will, however, be an increased chance of an incredibly insulting and racially tone-deaf TrumpTweet about Super Bowl athletes and Black History Month.

LaCroix

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on February 05, 2017, 02:54:33 PM
this year, I feel safer that a terrorist attack won't happen during the super bowl. thank you mr. president

So-called judges are letting all the bad guys in, though.

Yeah seems like it'd be hard to say Trump made things safer even in the language of his followers given the TRO.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on February 05, 2017, 02:58:33 PM
:lol: a BHM tweet today would be amazing

No white running backs. Yet Chicago falls apart! So sad!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on February 05, 2017, 02:40:13 PM
Heh, why don't people try and not to post about Trump for the duration of the Superbowl,

Ok, deal. Doesn't start for another three hours though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

Quote from: celedhring on February 05, 2017, 02:54:33 PMSo-called judges are letting all the bad guys in, though.

trump probably thought the guy was a magistrate judge

LaCroix

Quote"The baby boomers are the most spoiled, most self-centered, most narcissistic generation the country's ever produced," says Bannon in a 2011 interview.

QuoteThe baby boomers, Bannon says in a lecture given to the Liberty Restoration Foundation (LRF), failed to live up to that Burkean responsibility by abandoning the tried-and-true values of their parents (nationalism, modesty, patriarchy, religion) in favor of new abstractions (pluralism, sexuality, egalitarianism, secularism).

:lol:

Eddie Teach

QuoteStephen Kevin "Steve" Bannon (born November 27, 1953)

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 05, 2017, 03:02:21 PM
Heh, why don't people try and not to post about Trump for the duration of the Superbowl,

Ok, deal. Doesn't start for another three hours though.

I'm happy to start early; ET did you have a good day today?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 05, 2017, 02:04:45 PM
I'm trying to polite, but I honestly can't make heads or tails of what you are saying here.  It's clear you disagree but damned if I can figure out what the argument is here.  What "fact checks" are you talking  about?  I didn't see a single fact in your post.  You are a lawyer, so make an argument like a lawyer.  Cite a case, and explain exactly how it fits what Gorsuch is arguing without just saying "it does."  Don't make arguments about how a 10th circuit judge is allowed to reinterpret Delaware state law, when you know or should know he can't.

You don't REALLY believe his claim that he's a lawyer, do you?  I reckon he wishes he was, and maybe even flunked out of pre-law, but his entire argument stream seems like a regurgitation of bogus right-wing "legal opinions" he is reading elsewhere (but not really understanding).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

:D if you went to law school you'd especially know it's really nothing crazy to be a lawyer. anyone can get in because of (1) how easy it is to get a 3.0+ college GPA for people who aren't naturally smart by just putting in effort; and (2) minimal acceptance standards for many law schools. it's a public misconception that being a lawyer means anything. being a doctor, now that's actually legit

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Heh, why don't people try and not to post about Trump for the duration of the Superbowl, that way we can pretend there's a normal life and world outside of this Trump circus? :unsure:

:huh:  Why don't you just not read for the duration of the Superbowl, and then pretend that there's a normal life outside of Languish?  Asking people not to publish so that you won't read seems an incredibly selfish request.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: celedhring on February 05, 2017, 02:54:33 PM

So-called judges are letting all the bad guys in, though.

I am far more confident in the security of the country during Super Bowls under Obama than I am now that Trump is president.

Bayraktar!