Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

:lol:  "Sure, Vlad, we'll check it out and get back to you on that."

Two weeks.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

LaCroix

isn't it awesome? germany gets it -- I remember when merkel said multiculturalism has no place in the modern world. I used to think that was wrong, but for the past two weeks I've reflected on that and maybe lady liberty has become obsolete

Zoupa

LaCroix

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2017, 08:25:31 AMWhat are you jabbering on about? :huh:

my girlfriend's health insurance premiums increased by $150/month from 160 to 310/month. rather than have her waste money by throwing it at obamacare, I figure I can marry her (courthouse, no ceremony) and charge her the difference. makes a profit $$ on this but it forces us into matrimony when otherwise I'd not go through the hassle right now

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on February 04, 2017, 09:36:09 AM
I've been checking in on Rogue POTUS Staff Twitter account from time to time, and I can't figure out what to make of it.  It seems highly unlikely that the source is indeed rogue POTUS staff.  It's not like the president and his advisers do everything in front of a crowd of 100 anonymous staffers, you'd pretty quickly figure out how to associate what leaked with who could've possibly leaked it, and then pretty soon you'll be down to one suspect.

But recently a thought occurred to me:  what if this is how intelligence agencies are fighting Trump?  I'm sure they can find a way to monitor everything that happens in the White House, and this is their way to fight Trump before Trump completely emasculates them.  If you think Trump is a traitor, you can pretty much only fight him by leaking, and leaking to Twitter under a disguise seems more effective than leaking to the media.

That is a rather interesting thought...I was wondering about the Rogue twitter account as well. Like you said, it would be relatively trivial to narrow it down enough to find the culprit.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on February 04, 2017, 12:02:19 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2017, 08:25:31 AMWhat are you jabbering on about? :huh:

my girlfriend's health insurance premiums increased by $150/month from 160 to 310/month. rather than have her waste money by throwing it at obamacare, I figure I can marry her (courthouse, no ceremony) and charge her the difference. makes a profit $$ on this but it forces us into matrimony when otherwise I'd not go through the hassle right now

Cool;  so, instead of paying for her health insurance, you can extort her with yours.   

LaCroix

have any of the rogue POTUS "leaks" been verified as actually being a leak? read an article the other day that talked about the increase in fake news by progressives, and it referenced these rogue X twitter accounts

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/02/viva-la-resistance-content/515532/

LaCroix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 04, 2017, 12:05:27 PMCool;  so, instead of paying for her health insurance, you can extort her with yours.

no reason to pay for her health insurance when we can just get married

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on February 04, 2017, 09:36:09 AM
But recently a thought occurred to me:  what if this is how intelligence agencies are fighting Trump?  I'm sure they can find a way to monitor everything that happens in the White House, and this is their way to fight Trump before Trump completely emasculates them.  If you think Trump is a traitor, you can pretty much only fight him by leaking, and leaking to Twitter under a disguise seems more effective than leaking to the media.

The intelligence agencies talk to journalists. 

CountDeMoney

LaCroix

relationships, like politics, is a zero-sum game

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on February 04, 2017, 10:08:04 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 04, 2017, 03:16:50 AM
so, because of obamacare, I'm going down to the courthouse and getting married. I'm not even engaged wtf.

now I need to see an attorney about getting a prenup

obama ruined america
Your President and your party have promised to fix things.   You could wait a week or two until that great replace plan is in place.

Or is it that you have lost faith in your party?  You don't think they will go through and make it better for everyone while not dropping anyone's coverage and not increasing premiums?

Remember, LeCroix is on anti-smoking drugs that make him say batshit-insane, stump-stupid things.  Best not to take him too seriously.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

You knew that Trumpcare was going to be more expensive than Obamacare, but voted for him anyway, and support him still  It's about time you learned that stupid comes at a price.

Having said that, you should see your doctor about getting off the stupid pills before making a final decision about getting married.  There's stupid, and STUPID.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Have you been living in sin?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?