News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The allegation is, indeed, "completely insane" and yet somewhat credible. 

The document, however, looks very phony to me.  It is formatted correctly, but uses lots of personal pronouns ("we" did this or "we" said that) which isn't what I have seen in legit docs.  I also don't believe that humint obtained by the CIA would be only marked Confidential.  Then there are the pages that are unclassified but have redacted paragraphs.  That's not how redaction generally works.

These are possibly "company intelligence reports," but we don't know what company it is (and even if it was a company, they'd be "corporate intelligence reports," I think).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

I think the CNN article said this was some kind of private intelligence firm?

I dunno, the entire thing looks like a shitshow no matter how you slice it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

The main point to all of this is that Trump hates being laughed at.

Xmas came late this season.  :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on January 10, 2017, 11:31:08 PM
The allegation is, indeed, "completely insane" and yet somewhat credible. 

The document, however, looks very phony to me.  It is formatted correctly, but uses lots of personal pronouns ("we" did this or "we" said that) which isn't what I have seen in legit docs.  I also don't believe that humint obtained by the CIA would be only marked Confidential.  Then there are the pages that are unclassified but have redacted paragraphs.  That's not how redaction generally works.

These are possibly "company intelligence reports," but we don't know what company it is (and even if it was a company, they'd be "corporate intelligence reports," I think).

not to mention
QuoteThe report misspells the name of one company, "Alpha Group," throughout. It is Alfa Group. The report says the settlement of Barvikha, outside Moscow, is "reserved for the residences of the top leadership and their close associates." It is not reserved for anyone, and it is also populated by the very wealthy.

wait, I mean

Quote from: DGuller on January 10, 2017, 11:01:35 PMPiss off already, you tiresome contrarian.

DGuller

The difference between you and grumbler is that

1)  He doesn't have the reputation for mindlessly brushing off every little thing concerning Trump, even when it is incomprehensible for a reasonable person to not be concerned.
2)  He's not a garbage poster in general, whatever his faults are.
3)  He's actually elaborating on the points he's making.

LaCroix

i thought you didn't read my posts, dgulla  :yeah:

Valmy

God please make Trump the President LaCroix thinks he is. Amen.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: LaCroix on January 10, 2017, 11:42:05 PM
i thought you didn't read my posts, dgulla  :yeah:
I usually don't, but I still have to skim over them, not to mention read them when reputable posters reply to them.  And of course I'm going to read replies to my own posts, unless I'm making a conscious effort to disengage from the person.

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2017, 11:42:21 PM
God please make Trump the President LaCroix thinks he is. Amen.

at best, I expect trump to be a mediocre president who bumbles his way through the next four years. but, this doesn't mean I'll join the chorus of sky is falling posts

DontSayBanana

LaCroix, do you realize how much of an ass you're making of yourself?

Alfa/Alpha Group is a translation, with both spellings commonly used (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Group).  The report isn't made inauthentic because it doesn't refer to the unit exclusively as:

Oh, and regarding the use of the Bharvika, the only thing claiming that it's "open" is its website, and it's not like it's utilized by the president of a nation known to manipulate its own image to exaggerate/create a fictitious upper class lifestyle for public consumption.

So, basically, it's the Russian Mar-a-Lago.  Technically open, but don't think you're getting in without the President's approval.
Experience bij!

Oexmelin

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 10, 2017, 11:23:21 PM
He's already clashing hard with the transition team:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2017/01/06/mattis-clashing-with-trump-transition-team-over-pentagon-staffing/?utm_term=.d83b156d1568

Even rebuttals to the press by the transition team are incredibly retarded:

QuoteUPDATE: The Trump transition team emailed me this statement: "We are ahead of schedule with assembling the most qualified cabinet and administration in history. Any implication contrary to that is completely false and from sources who do not have any knowledge of our transition efforts."
Que le grand cric me croque !

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 11, 2017, 12:01:10 AM
Even rebuttals to the press by the transition team are incredibly retarded:

QuoteUPDATE: The Trump transition team emailed me this statement: "We are ahead of schedule with assembling the most qualified cabinet and administration in history. Any implication contrary to that is completely false and from sources who do not have any knowledge of our transition efforts."

:lol: They seriously let that out for public consumption?  It's like they couldn't choose between

and

Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

The voters in the majority of states went with Sheen, so that's that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

So apparently 4Chan is claiming someone there made up the story...

What a mess.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

4Chan is the ISIS of the internet.  They will claim credit for any act which might bring them attention.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien