News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Valmy

Jill Stein is a conspiracy theory nutcase. I am not going to read her drivel.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2017, 10:48:43 AM
Jill Stein is a conspiracy theory nutcase. I am not going to read her drivel.

You're missing out on some real gems, like this one:

"The U.S. government feeds the U.S. media (specifically the 'free' press of the Washington Post whose owner makes more money from the CIA than from the Washington Post)"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on January 10, 2017, 10:45:27 AM
I am not asking him for any personal information of any kind. The name of a insurance policy is not private information, and there is nothing useful I can find out about him because I know the name of a public document, other than that he has that particular insurance.

I was half-kidding.  Even if you can't steal his identity with that basic info, it does seem a bit intrusive IMO to ask.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

He introduced that evidence himself.  He made an argument that being forced to buy health insurance just made him pay more money for no additional protection.  He then cited his inconscionable out-of-pocket max as an argument to support his position.  I think we're well justified in asking for more details before just taking his word that his medical insurer is breaking a law.

Admiral Yi

Not so much intrusive, but he's saying dps is a dumbass and asking for the means to prove it.

Much smarter to call him a dumbass after he gives you the evidence.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on January 10, 2017, 01:16:09 PM
He introduced that evidence himself.  He made an argument that being forced to buy health insurance just made him pay more money for no additional protection.  He then cited his inconscionable out-of-pocket max as an argument to support his position.  I think we're well justified in asking for more details before just taking his word that his medical insurer is breaking a law.

Breaking the law? Breaking the law? Breaking the law, breaking the law?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

He probably just read his policy wrong.  Why are you guys-- oh, wait.  It's Languish :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Because it feeds nicely into the narrative that some people will consider breathing toxic just because Obama is for it.  I'm sure dps would read his policy more carefully if he weren't so eager to assume the worst.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2017, 01:17:15 PM
Not so much intrusive, but he's saying dps is a dumbass and asking for the means to prove it.

Much smarter to call him a dumbass after he gives you the evidence.

I am not trying to be clever, and I am perfectly content with letting dps know that I am skeptical of his report on his policy prior to asking to see it.

I could be wrong, of course - maybe he really does have a $100,000 co-pay max.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on January 10, 2017, 10:28:14 AM
Quote from: derspiess on January 10, 2017, 10:20:09 AM
I think I missed something in the thread.  Why are we giving dps shit about his helf inshernce?

Because he said he is opposed to private health insurance.  Or any health insurance.

You have to make sure derinsurer shows his work,  though.

No insurance + black = deadbeat freeloader costing society money
No insurance + white = "principled"

Jacob

Quote from: USA TodayTrump asks vaccine skeptic RFK Jr. to lead study on vaccine safety

President-elect Donald Trump asked Robert F. Kennedy Jr., an environmental activist and skeptic of vaccines, to chair a presidential commission on vaccine safety, Kennedy said Tuesday.

The two have questioned whether vaccines cause autism, a claim consistently debunked by medical professionals across the board.

The commission will be designed "to make sure we have scientific integrity in the vaccine process for efficacy and safety effects," Kennedy told reporters after the meeting with Trump.

Kennedy said Trump requested the meeting, and the president-elect "has some doubts about the current vaccine policies and he has questions about it. His opinion doesn't matter, but the science does matter and we ought to be reading the science and we ought to be debating the science."

Kennedy said Trump is "very pro-vaccine, as am I," but wants to maker sure "they're as safe as they possibly can be."

In March 2014 — before he became a presidential candidate — Trump said on Twitter: "Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!"

Kennedy, the son of former 1960s-era attorney general, U.S. senator and Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, has promoted a documentary film linking autism to the vaccine preservative thimerosal and criticizing public health officials who dispute that claim.

"They can put anything they want in that vaccine and they have no accountability for it," Kennedy said during a 2015 appearance in Sacramento.

Trump transition spokesman Sean Spicer said that the president-elect and Kennedy discussed "issues pertaining to vaccines and immunizations."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/01/10/donald-trump-robert-kennedy-vaccines-autism/96391920/

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2017, 02:39:40 PM
You have to make sure derinsurer shows his work,  though.

No insurance + black = deadbeat freeloader costing society money
No insurance + white = "principled"

Ain't that the truth!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."