News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: The Brain on January 09, 2017, 03:26:58 PM
Wtf is an "Atomic Scientist"? Is that like Atomic Kitten?
more like an Atom Ant.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2017, 01:25:02 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 12:25:11 PM
True. And I'll admit that I've no idea how these things are typically done so that might be the case all the time (hearings before vetting).

It seems to me that it makes sense that the vetting happens first - I mean you may want to bring something up in the hearing that was uncovered during the vetting process.

McConnell refused to schedule or participate in any hearings for Obama nominees until the vetting was complete.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 09, 2017, 02:22:24 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2017, 01:25:02 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 12:25:11 PM
True. And I'll admit that I've no idea how these things are typically done so that might be the case all the time (hearings before vetting).

It seems to me that it makes sense that the vetting happens first - I mean you may want to bring something up in the hearing that was uncovered during the vetting process.

but it doesn't seem like the end of the world that the vetting is delayed. I'm assuming if something came up, they could hold another hearing.
Mitch thought it was the end of the world when the shoe was on the other foot.  His hypocrisy is mind-bottling.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 03:05:58 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2017, 02:15:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 01:37:59 PM
Oh I would think so to but trying to be generous as one must account for institutional incompetence. -_-

How nice of you to be so generous :)

I don't want to become a bitter, old queen before I hit 40. :o

Too late?

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on January 09, 2017, 05:00:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 03:05:58 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2017, 02:15:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 01:37:59 PM
Oh I would think so to but trying to be generous as one must account for institutional incompetence. -_-

How nice of you to be so generous :)

I don't want to become a bitter, old queen before I hit 40. :o

Too late?

Rude!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on January 09, 2017, 04:59:31 PMMitch thought it was the end of the world when the shoe was on the other foot.  His hypocrisy is mind-bottling.

sure, but everyone in the world is a hypocrite about something. a person casts judgment about something that affects him, and then the next day, week, month, or year he does the same thing he had criticized = hypocrisy. happens all the time with all sorts of conduct, whether trivial or yuge. IMO, hypocrisy that doesn't result in something bad is pretty OK.

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on January 09, 2017, 05:14:40 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 09, 2017, 04:59:31 PMMitch thought it was the end of the world when the shoe was on the other foot.  His hypocrisy is mind-bottling.

sure, but everyone in the world is a hypocrite about something. a person casts judgment about something that affects him, and then the next day, week, month, or year he does the same thing he had criticized = hypocrisy. happens all the time with all sorts of conduct, whether trivial or yuge. IMO, hypocrisy that doesn't result in something bad is pretty OK.

I wonder what constitutes bad in your world...

LaCroix

delayed vetting that has no actual negative effect is not "bad," imo

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on January 09, 2017, 05:30:43 PM
delayed vetting that has no actual negative effect is not "bad," imo

I'd disagree. All just part of delegitimizing Obama that helped lead us to where we are now.

garbon

QuoteChuck SchumerVerified account
‏@SenSchumer
Our requests are eminently reasonable, shared by leaders of both parties. I'll return this letter to @SenateMajLdr with the same requests.

Berkut

Holy shit, if this isn't real, it definitely should be!

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 09, 2017, 06:57:20 PM
Holy shit, if this isn't real, it definitely should be!

We're talking about Obamacare, not the ACA.  You fucking fuck.

DGuller

If only everyone who would lose their insurance were as deserving as that imbecile.