Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on December 16, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 16, 2016, 10:51:55 AM
Lol nothing to do with Hillary.

Remember - Berkut has telepathic powers and knows what's in your heart better than you do yourself.

You don't need telepathic powers to deduce the obvious.

The "Hillary email crook benghazi" stuff only works if you don't actually think about it, at all.

Spicey has clearly though about it quite a bit, so that fig leaf doesn't cover anything anymore.

So what is left when you take away the leaf? Just the actual core of the alt-right support for Trump.

"Hillary sucks" would be a great reason to vote for Cruz, Kasich, Bush, even Carson.

It cannot be used as a rational reason to cheerlead for Trump. Every possible negative associated with Hillary is rationally and objectively vastly worse for Trump.

The only non-bigoted reason to support Trump over Hillary only works for those who simply have not thought about it very much at all, are just operating on emotion and gut feelings. Which I think got him elected moreso than people like Spicey who have thought about politics quite a bit and decided Trump is the guy who represents their core values.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on December 16, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 16, 2016, 10:51:55 AM
Lol nothing to do with Hillary.

Remember - Berkut has telepathic powers and knows what's in your heart better than you do yourself.

Both of you deserve your stockings that were hung by the chinney with care to be stuffed with a shitload of aborted fetuses.   :)

Berkut

I make no bones about this - Spiceys continued support for Trump, knowing that he is a relatively smart, informed guy, says nothing at all positive about him as a person.

He is a supporter of the alt-right candidate for all the worst possible reasons. Best case possible interpretation of his stance on Languish is that he is a alt-right troll in the Martinus vein, likely case is that he actually supports the cause of the very worst of what Trump represents.

There is no space left for him to slink into any kind of respectable position, that ship sailed weeks ago. And he just keeps doubling down on his schtick every time he can.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Gentlemen how can we sit here and bicker amongst ourselves when we should be uniting against the common enemy?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

C'mon, Berkut...this is the guy that still believes in gender-specific roles, hates women and and prefers to see negroes wallow in poverty and prison.
So no, he is not an alt-right troll.  He is Trump's demo, bless his little creepy ass cracker heart.

America! Great! Again! :yeah:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Berkut on December 16, 2016, 11:04:35 AM
"Hillary sucks" would be a great reason to vote for Cruz, Kasich, Bush, even Carson.

It cannot be used as a rational reason to cheerlead for Trump. Every possible negative associated with Hillary is rationally and objectively vastly worse for Trump.

Trump agrees with Cruz et al on the majority of policy issues. If they are the reason one thinks Hillary sucks, and not some silly conspiracy theory or worries about her character, then that rationale still applies.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on December 16, 2016, 10:05:54 AM
Quote from: DGuller on December 16, 2016, 09:29:47 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 16, 2016, 05:41:34 AM
You can't fucking win a race to the fascist bottom. So what if the Democrats follow suit and radicalise? You want to see a radicalised formely center-left big party? Look at Corbyn in the UK.

The only way you avoid becoming a fascist isolationist state on the long run, if you keep the modern democratic society on the table as an alternative.

The thing with a democratic system is that it is extremely fragile. The only reason it works is that its actors want it to work. You cannot join in with Republicans in undermining it.

Moral reasons aside, that would be just political suicide: if people lose faith in the democratic institutions, they start looking for a strong guy to end the chaos and they will NOT be looking at the radical left in America.
The big question is, how do you keep a modern democratic society on the table?  So far the way dynamic works is that heads Republicans win and roll democracy back, or tails and Democrats tread water until we go to previous outcome.  Do we just wait for Republican politicians and Republican voters to snap out of authoritarian trance and come to Jesus, and just keep taking the lumps in the meantime?  Maybe that's seriously the least worst option, who knows, but it's a very shitty option in either case.

So what? Install the proletarian dictatorship just to be sure there is no fascist dictatorship in the future?

I suspect the final end game will be a constitutional crisis where they look to solve the problem of a party unwilling to govern.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

:lol: at the last few pages

yeah, garbo, the craziness over trump I see on the internet is def other places, not languish

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2016, 11:20:44 AM
Gentlemen how can we sit here and bicker amongst ourselves when we should be uniting against the common enemy?

The Judean People's Front?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on December 16, 2016, 12:22:40 PM

yeah, garbo, the craziness over trump I see on the internet is def other places, not languish

Meanwhile China just scooped up our drone.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2016, 10:55:21 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 16, 2016, 10:11:51 AM
Such doom & gloom. 

Well one thing I can count on: I personally will be fine. Wahoo!

Of course.  You are in power :worthy:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2016, 12:47:13 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on December 16, 2016, 12:22:40 PM

Meanwhile China just scooped up our drone.

:D that's pretty funny

derspiess

It's like Berkut knows my thoughts before I even think them :o
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 16, 2016, 12:50:38 PM
It's like Berkut knows my thoughts before I even think them :o

With that forehead of yours, he also gets the American League scores. NYUK

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive