And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on December 14, 2016, 07:00:57 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 14, 2016, 05:55:42 PM
Anyways,  Tillerson's lack of government experience does not bother me. I think he will be extremely competent. It's his conflicts of interest and pro-Russian agenda that I take issue with.

Well, you have to pay Putin back somehow.

I am sure this is just a downpayment on the expected payoff for getting Trump elected.

Trump stiffs whoever he can get away with. He's not doing this to pay a debt, he's doing it because his world view lines up with Putin.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

:bleeding:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/bobby-valentine-donald-trump-united-states-us-ambassador-to-japan-red-sox-mets-rangers-manager-candidate-120916

QuoteBobby Valentine could be on his way back to Japan – but not to manage baseball there again.

According to a report from WEEI in Boston, Valentine is among the candidates to serve as the U.S. Ambassador to Japan under President-elect Donald Trump.

Valentine, 66, does have ties to Japan, having managed the Chiba Lotte Marines for seven seasons -- winning the Japan Series in 2005. Bobby V remains popular in Japan, and WEEI notes that he is 'friendly" with current Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Since being fired as Red Sox manager following the 2012 season, Valentine has been busy as the athletic director at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, Connecticut.

During his major-league managerial career, Valentine served as skipper for the Texas Rangers from 1985-1992, the New York Mets from 1996-2002 and the Red Sox in 2012. He has a 1,186-1.165 record over 16 seasons.

1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 14, 2016, 08:14:29 PM

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/bobby-valentine-donald-trump-united-states-us-ambassador-to-japan-red-sox-mets-rangers-manager-candidate-120916

QuoteBobby Valentine could be on his way back to Japan – but not to manage baseball there again.

According to a report from WEEI in Boston, Valentine is among the candidates to serve as the U.S. Ambassador to Japan under President-elect Donald Trump.

Valentine, 66, does have ties to Japan, having managed the Chiba Lotte Marines for seven seasons -- winning the Japan Series in 2005. Bobby V remains popular in Japan, and WEEI notes that he is 'friendly" with current Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Since being fired as Red Sox manager following the 2012 season, Valentine has been busy as the athletic director at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, Connecticut.

During his major-league managerial career, Valentine served as skipper for the Texas Rangers from 1985-1992, the New York Mets from 1996-2002 and the Red Sox in 2012. He has a 1,186-1.165 record over 16 seasons.

Sounds like Trump hit a..... :cool: home run  :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 14, 2016, 08:14:29 PM

So much for us winning so much we won't even believe it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2016, 09:14:49 PM
So much for us winning so much we won't even believe it.

Well, if something happens that causes Japan to order our ambassador to leave, at least Valentine gives us a chance of keeping our ambassador in country.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Anyways,  Tillerson's lack of government experience does not bother me. I think he will be extremely competent. It's his conflicts of interest and pro-Russian agenda that I take issue with.

I don't see him as necessarily having a pro russian agenda. He worked for Exxon. Exxon makes money by getting hydrocarbons out of the ground. Russia has lots of hydrocarbons in the ground, and needs help getting them out. The job of Exxon executives is to get Exxon the contracts to get those hydrocarbons out of the ground on terms that are profitable to Exxon. A key step in doing that is making nice with Russian leadership. It is just part of the job.

But it is massively disconcerting that Trump, with his Russia "issues", would want a secretary of state with close ties to Putin. And it also seems that with climate change a major world issue that an Exxon executive is a terrible choice for our face to the world.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

Quote from: alfred russel on December 14, 2016, 09:30:54 PM

I don't see him as necessarily having a pro russian agenda. He worked for Exxon. Exxon makes money by getting hydrocarbons out of the ground. Russia has lots of hydrocarbons in the ground, and needs help getting them out. The job of Exxon executives is to get Exxon the contracts to get those hydrocarbons out of the ground on terms that are profitable to Exxon. A key step in doing that is making nice with Russian leadership. It is just part of the job.

But it is massively disconcerting that Trump, with his Russia "issues", would want a secretary of state with close ties to Putin. And it also seems that with climate change a major world issue that an Exxon executive is a terrible choice for our face to the world.

I think if Trump wanted someone with his qualifications and outlook on policy there were probably a dozen people he could have picked.

Instead he picked the one guy who is BFFs with Vlad Putin.

Probably because Vlad told him it would be a great pick.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

***Image edited as it may potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy.***
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

derspiess knows ExxonMobil has his back.  Unlike Boeing and Lockheed. The worst!

Valmy

Look you can make fun of people being ridiculous all you want Spicey but don't start with that retarded meme shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2016, 11:38:18 PM
Look you can make fun of people being ridiculous all you want Spicey but don't start with that retarded meme shit.

You're only encouraging me...

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall