News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on December 13, 2016, 06:51:29 AM
Putin's buddy, the Exxon Mobil chief has been confirmed as secretary of state.

If I lived in the Baltic countries, I would GTFO round about now.

He's been nominated, but that doesn't mean he's been confirmed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 13, 2016, 07:46:07 AM

:rolleyes: I am sure there will be a nice theatre about the GOP bigwigs being all concerned and scrutinising the candidate heavily to assure Teh American People are safe, but if the announcement has been made, then deals must have been struck.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on December 13, 2016, 07:55:38 AM

:rolleyes: I am sure there will be a nice theatre about the GOP bigwigs being all concerned and scrutinising the candidate heavily to assure Teh American People are safe, but if the announcement has been made, then deals must have been struck.

I think you give Trump too much credit. He's been making it up as he goes along. He's had no real plans, and hasn't had to make any political deals with people who can say no to him like the Senate can. This is just him going for broke.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on December 13, 2016, 07:55:38 AM

Why would you think that?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Do cabinet nominations ever get rejected? Honest question. And with a Senate dominated by the president's party, at that.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on December 13, 2016, 08:43:45 AM
Do cabinet nominations ever get rejected? Honest question. And with a Senate dominated by the president's party, at that.

Obviously, I don't think they will do much but I'm not sure precedent holds much water when talking about Trump.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

is there a real objection to tillerson that goes beyond oil baron and russian puppet?

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on December 13, 2016, 09:17:01 AM
is there a real objection to tillerson that goes beyond oil baron and russian puppet?

:hmm:

LaCroix

I don't know much about him, and a skim of wiki suggests he's decent

garbon

You act as like those are minor considerations. Particularly the Russian realignment piece. I don't think it would be a good idea to have someone that Putin gave an Order of Friendship recognition to but clearly your mileage varies.

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2016, 09:22:26 AM
You act as like those are minor considerations. Particularly the Russian realignment piece. I don't think it would be a good idea to have someone that Putin gave an Order of Friendship recognition to but clearly your mileage varies.

I'm not convinced it will have a major impact in how the guy operates as sos

garbon

celedhring

Being a Putin buddy isn't going to influence his work as Secretary of State? How can you possibly say that?  :huh:

LaCroix

Quote from: celedhring on December 13, 2016, 09:26:17 AM
Being a Putin buddy isn't going to influence his work as Secretary of State? How can you possibly say that?  :huh:

I didn't say that

Legbiter

QuoteKanye West seen heading to a meeting with Donald Trump at Trump Tower

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/13/kanye-west-seen-heading-meeting-donald-trump-trump-tower/

Surprise SOS announcement to follow?  :showoff:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.