What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on December 09, 2016, 10:57:29 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 09, 2016, 10:43:45 AM
Quote from: Berkut on December 09, 2016, 10:36:25 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 09, 2016, 10:30:15 AM
We clearly don't have enough in common on these issues for it to be worth discussing.

We don't have to have anything in common to discuss the issue, since the facts that drive the outcomes are not conducive to anything we might have in common.

Unless, of course, your position is that we have differing actual goals. I assumed we both feel that saving peoples lives by making organs available to as many people as possible is the desired outcome.

I guess if your goal is rather to make everyone feel like the system has nothing to do with economics because HEALTH CARE is worth letting a lot of people die, then you might be right...and that is what this sounds like.

I suspect, rather, that you simply don't have a substantive response to my rather compelling argument that letting market forces have a role in increasing the supply of organs, even though the actual economics behind this market are very well understood. Your objection is emotive - it is right up there with "OMG DEATH PANELS!" as a response to Obamacare.

I was hoping to avoid actually what you are doing right now. Being a dick, without I guess, intending to be.

Well, at least you actually intend it, so there is that.

No, that's why I actually wanted to pop out of the conversation but clearly I did not soon enough. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Rex Tillerson is one of the coolest names ever.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 09, 2016, 01:43:07 PM
Time to start rounding them up

QuoteTrump transition wants names of Energy Department staff who worked on climate

Ugly business.  Nixonian thuggishness is back. Of course POTUS-to-be learned at the feet of the master himself: Roy Cohn.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Would be funny - if unlikely - if they all stepped forward.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on December 09, 2016, 02:33:12 PM

I worked on Climate

No I worked on Climate

I worked on Climate and so did my wife!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on December 09, 2016, 02:40:49 PM

I worked on Climate

No I worked on Climate

I worked on Climate and so did my wife!

That only works if the person in power asking for the information cares about a functioning department and isn't ruthless enough to take retribution on everyone.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

I am sooooo converting to Islam if they start a mandatory registry.  Just to be a dick. Insha'allah.

I would even let Languish pick my name.  IBN TURBIN-IZ-BURNIN

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 09, 2016, 01:57:40 PM

QuoteTrump transition wants names of Energy Department staff who worked on climate

Ugly business.  Nixonian thuggishness is back. Of course POTUS-to-be learned at the feet of the master himself: Roy Cohn.

Gays. A plague on humanity!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 09, 2016, 01:57:40 PM

Wait til they start doing it with the non-InfoWars members of the intelligence community.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 09, 2016, 04:36:29 PM

:hmm:

:lol:  It's like that Schick commercial where that one dude shaves his head before a job interview to get in good with the company doing the hiring.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall