News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

On the other side of the aisle, the White Stripes reunited before the election for:

T-Shirts
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2016, 10:47:42 AM
QuoteTrump: Cancel Boeing's Air Force One contract
'I think Boeing is doing a little bit of a number,' he says.

http://politi.co/2gYEARD

"Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!" the president-elect wrote on Twitter.

"I think Boeing is doing a little bit of a number. We want Boeing to make a lot of money, but not that much money."

Sigh...4 years...might as well be 40...

Shades of Lech Kaczynski.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

frunk

Much cheaper to sign a 50 year contract with a recreated Trump Airlines.

Tamas

Tamas

I really need a Twitter account now. The chance to learn of new US policy THE MOMENT IT IS THOUGHT OF is a fascinating chance.

Zanza

You can read his 3am shutter tantrums for breakfast every day.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on December 06, 2016, 11:44:57 AM
I really need a Twitter account now. The chance to learn of new US policy THE MOMENT IT IS THOUGHT OF is a fascinating chance.

And, there's a chance he'll retweet you.  And if not, so sad! Unfair!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: frunk on December 06, 2016, 11:29:18 AM

I guarantee you the real reason he wants to ditch Air Force One is because he wants to fly in his own plane.  Has his name on it.

Zanza

I am sure the president staying in the White House is just tradition, not something that is actually required. What if he prefers to stay in New York or at least one of his hotels? The tax payer picks up the tab?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on December 06, 2016, 12:18:54 PM
I am sure the president staying in the White House is just tradition, not something that is actually required. What if he prefers to stay in New York or at least one of his hotels? The tax payer picks up the tab?

Yup. 

And as far as the White House and Air Force One are concerned, they are more than just trappings--they are elements of the National Command Authority framework.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2016, 10:47:42 AM
QuoteTrump: Cancel Boeing's Air Force One contract
'I think Boeing is doing a little bit of a number,' he says.

http://politi.co/2gYEARD

"Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!" the president-elect wrote on Twitter.

"I think Boeing is doing a little bit of a number. We want Boeing to make a lot of money, but not that much money."

Sigh...4 years...might as well be 40...

Maybe they can leave out some of the safety features on his jet to bring the price down.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

There was a news story that the secret service is renting out a floor of Trump Tower in order to protect Trump's ass.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on December 06, 2016, 01:33:50 PM

There was a news story that the secret service is renting out a floor of Trump Tower in order to protect Trump's ass.

The USSS doesn't publish its exec protection budget, but the estimates are going to be WAIT FOR IT yuge.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2016, 12:15:31 PM

I guarantee you the real reason he wants to ditch Air Force One is because he wants to fly in his own plane.  Has his name on it.

Trump's plane is also a Boeing. And apparently the secret service has already said that he won't be able to use it instead of Air Force One, although I don't know how they'll be able to force him.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on December 06, 2016, 04:15:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2016, 12:15:31 PM

Trump's plane is also a Boeing. And apparently the secret service has already said that he won't be able to use it instead of Air Force One, although I don't know how they'll be able to force him.

Trump's fleet of Boeings are all over 20 years old.  And are not command and control platforms for the National Command Authority.

But apparently this is all over the CEO of Boeing making comments about Trump's trade policies yesterday, so there ya go. :lol: