News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on February 02, 2017, 02:48:27 PMWe don't know the context of 'fuming" so any assertions made based on a belief in 'fuming' are unsupported.

yeah we do, he told the australian PM that accepting the refugees would get him "politically killed" and called it a "bad deal." he hung up on the PM.

mongers

What new stupid, dump or daft thing has the guy said or done in the 3-4 hours I've been out?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on February 02, 2017, 05:39:42 AM
Quote from: The Larch on February 02, 2017, 04:45:57 AM
QuoteEven in conversations marred by hostile exchanges, Trump manages to work in references to his election accomplishments. U.S. officials said that he used his calls with Turnbull and Peña Nieto to mention his election win or the size of the crowd at his inauguration.

He's never ever going to shut up about that, right?
I am looking forward to the first Nuremberg style rallies.
I'm looking forward to his Nuremberg trial...

Habbaku

Quote from: derspiess on February 02, 2017, 02:48:03 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 02, 2017, 02:41:06 PM
California failed as well.  Cut off federal funding to California.

Now we're talkin'!  :w00t:

So, you want California to receive even more money?  They pay out far more than they receive to the federal government.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

mongers

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on February 02, 2017, 03:17:14 PM
Quote from: Zanza on February 02, 2017, 05:39:42 AM
Quote from: The Larch on February 02, 2017, 04:45:57 AM
QuoteEven in conversations marred by hostile exchanges, Trump manages to work in references to his election accomplishments. U.S. officials said that he used his calls with Turnbull and Peña Nieto to mention his election win or the size of the crowd at his inauguration.

He's never ever going to shut up about that, right?
I am looking forward to the first Nuremberg style rallies.
I'm looking forward to his Nuremberg trial...

But you'd likely have to endure the equivalent unpleasantness in between.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Californians would still have to pay federal taxes, unless they developed an army while we weren't looking.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

California as a vassal state?  Now we're talking.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

MadImmortalMan

I do think violence/rioting/name-calling tends to make more enemies than friends.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

According to the Atlantic, California gets back less than a dollar for every dollar sent to the feds...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Dakota, I can't work up the motivation.  I withdraw the comment. :sleep:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: LaCroix on February 02, 2017, 02:54:24 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 02, 2017, 02:48:27 PMWe don't know the context of 'fuming" so any assertions made based on a belief in 'fuming' are unsupported.

yeah we do, he told the australian PM that accepting the refugees would get him "politically killed" and called it a "bad deal." he hung up on the PM.

This is a curious line of defense.  Point being that he's not really a narcissist, just a horrifically bad diplomat with an anger management problem?   Yeah?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 02, 2017, 03:40:10 PM
I do think violence/rioting/name-calling tends to make more enemies than friends.

Name calling? Hell that is now Presidential behavior.

The violence and rioting is probably not a great strategic move. Presuming that is part of some kind of charm offensive.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on February 02, 2017, 03:40:49 PM

According to the Atlantic, California gets back less than a dollar for every dollar sent to the feds...

Spicey now has a Bear Republic Patriot to deal with.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 02, 2017, 03:58:30 PM
Quote from: PDH on February 02, 2017, 03:40:49 PM

Spicey now has a Bear Republic Patriot to deal with.

There's an independence movement that I'd back. And we could elect Hil! :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.