What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Jacob

Are there more appeals or is it done now?

The Minsky Moment

There is an appeal as of right but there is not much to appeal.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on January 12, 2024, 04:19:35 AMThat's my touch wood prediction.
Though I do fear Biden might not be able to bring out as as much anti-Trump support as last time. Memories are too short and threat feels less real than when he's actually sitting next to the red button.

Trump will deliver on bringing out the anti-Trump support.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2024, 05:02:56 PM83 million in defamation suit.

Don't worry. The Florida Tax payers will take care of it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Great audition by Alina Hanna for the part of Lionel Hutz in the next Simpson movie.

Sadly she won't get it as I hear she is hopeless at shoe repair.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HVC

Are his lawyers always shitty, or does he take good lawyers and break them?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Minsky Moment

He has some good lawyers in the NY criminal case, although that is the least significant in terms of likely sentencing exposure
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Does being a lawyer for Trump count towards pro bono requirement?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: DGuller on January 27, 2024, 12:27:28 AMDoes being a lawyer for Trump count towards pro bono requirement?

Definitionally it could not.

But it should entitle the victim to hazard pay. 
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 26, 2024, 06:11:36 PMThere is an appeal as of right but there is not much to appeal.
I've read he needs to deposit the full amount in a escrow account while the appeal is going.  Is this true?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: viper37 on January 27, 2024, 03:43:45 PMI've read he needs to deposit the full amount in a escrow account while the appeal is going.  Is this true?

Basically yes.  Technically he doesn't have to do anything, but if he does nothing, Carroll can take all available legal steps to enforce the judgment, including intrusive financial discovery, freezing accounts, and seizing property.

To avoid that, Trump can post a bond pending appeal; however, the bonding companies usually require posting cash of 105%+ of the judgment (the value of a judgment increases over time because of interest, which in New York usually accrues at 9 percent annually on a state law claim).
--Joan Robinson

viper37

So, financially, he's in deep shit.  Good.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on January 26, 2024, 06:02:54 PMAre there more appeals or is it done now?

He has to post a bond with the money. If he gets hit for a $370 million judgement this in the NY civil case, don't think he's going to have enough cash to appeal both.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Basically what I'm asking is what level of schadenfreude I can reasonably engage in. Previously, none of Trump's setbacks seem to have actually set him back much.