What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

PDH

Quote from: Gups on January 04, 2024, 05:07:32 AMItinerant preachers apparently

The Dominicans and Franciscans were instrumental in the establishment of a more formal doctrinal christianity across the West.  They also were Inquisitors sent out on fact finding missions and to educate the public.  This all came about in response to the rise (or discovery or re-discovery) of heresy in the Catholic lands.

As villagers/farmers were known to do weird things like worship a greyhound as a saint, there was a certain focus here...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Savonarola

Quote from: Razgovory on January 05, 2024, 12:14:24 PMIs that really a Trump ad?

Well, he reposted it ("Retruthed" it I guess, since it was on Truth Social.)  I'm not sure who actually made it.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on January 05, 2024, 12:02:49 PMTrump's latest campaign ad is... well, having recently watched "Lawrence of Arabia", I kept on imagining Anthony Quinn shouting "Blasphemer" at it:

I still can't believe how spiritually uncurious Trumpers are.

It's like they never once consider that when they are receiving messages or prophecy from God, that there is another who likes to send humanity messages...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

"Spiritually uncurious?"  :lol:

One value of Trumpism is that it has exposed evangelicals as the stupidest and most self delusional people on earth.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 05, 2024, 03:49:50 PM"Spiritually uncurious?"  :lol:

One value of Trumpism is that it has exposed evangelicals as the stupidest and most self delusional people on earth.

I was trying to be kind...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Dead certainty of reversal.  For reasons including, but not limited to, partisanship.

Sophie Scholl

Almost positive it will be overturned and, with the way this Court operates, Thomas will probably write the majority opinion.  :glare:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

grumbler

I thinking that the USSC will reverse, but on the basis of the presidency not being an office.  It's the only clean out they have.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Trump, like a stopped clock, on Haley not mentioining slavery when asked about the civil war. He's right :lol:
https://x.com/ding3rs/status/1743707073525731371?s=20
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 06, 2024, 06:05:28 PMTrump, like a stopped clock, on Haley not mentioining slavery when asked about the civil war. He's right :lol:
https://x.com/ding3rs/status/1743707073525731371?s=20
What did she say?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.