What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 01, 2019, 05:56:49 PM
I think the causation is flipped BTW.  I don't think people are drawn to Trump because they like the idea of inflicting pain on others.  I think Trump likes the idea of inflicting pain on others ("beat the crap out of him") and insinuates those ideas to people who support him.
Nah, there are quite a few who support him because he "pisses off the right people".

Zoupa

The cruelty is the point. This isn't a new concept, it's been around forever.

Razgovory

I think the causation is flipped BTW.  I don't think people are drawn to Trump because they like the idea of inflicting pain on others.  I think Trump likes the idea of inflicting pain on others ("beat the crap out of him") and insinuates those ideas to people who support him.

I think there is a constituency in the US that fetishizes political violence.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

The problem I have with trying to understand the other side these days is that their information is so different than mine. We have so little to base an understanding on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

There's little to understand. Republicans are retarded assholes. Republican voters picked Trump as their guy, and Republicans in Congress only have one complaint: that they can't physically get sodomized by Trump and blow him at the same time.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 01, 2019, 07:47:16 PM

Antifa?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2019, 08:48:29 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 01, 2019, 07:47:16 PM

Antifa?

3/10

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2019, 08:48:29 AMAntifa?

Well there was that gay reporter Andy Ngo who was beaten up in Portland by them. So in a sense Raz is right, in Trump's America reporters are being beaten up in the street.  :hmm: Then I remember vaguely that nutcase who shot all those Republican lawmakers at a baseball field.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Quote from: Legbiter on August 02, 2019, 09:00:40 AM

Well there was that gay reporter Andy Ngo who was beaten up in Portland by them. So in a sense Raz is right, in Trump's America reporters are being beaten up in the street.  :hmm: Then I remember vaguely that nutcase who shot all those Republican lawmakers at a baseball field.

Tell, us in detail, what you think should happen to "Islamoids" (your word), to prevent them becoming of a terrible threat to the West?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Legbiter

Quote from: Razgovory on August 02, 2019, 09:11:48 AM

Tell, us in detail, what you think should happen to "Islamoids" (your word), to prevent them becoming of a terrible threat to the West?

I accept your defeat.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Legbiter on August 02, 2019, 09:13:18 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 02, 2019, 09:11:48 AM

I accept your defeat.

C'mon, Icelander.  Tell us!

Zoupa

I wonder what's the voting record/ideology of the overwhelming majority of mass shooters in the US.

A real mystery!

Razgovory

Quote from: Zoupa on August 02, 2019, 04:27:33 PM
I wonder what's the voting record/ideology of the overwhelming majority of mass shooters in the US.

A real mystery!

Well the one who assassinated a Democratic lawmaker 10 years ago, can probably be guessed at.  Also he wrote a "manifesto" with it.  Actually it was a few lines, apparently he decided to commit the shooting before discovering that writing is hard.

The Rikiforingi SS seems awfully bothered by rights of "Enemies of the People".  Seems odd he would be so concerned about the media.

I'm pretty sure that mashing to Icelandic words together like that isn't kosher, but when you put it like that I doubt he'd mind.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Lkr8iBbA8

The number of House Democrats favoring impeachment has increased by 24.  This source attributes it to the Mueller hearing.