What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 05, 2019, 08:26:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 05, 2019, 06:13:19 PM
What do you give a person you aren't that interested in meeting and already owns a government?

You do PR for some niche American product.

I'm not quite sure that's a good idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2019, 04:43:41 PM

I wouldn't wear shorts to a nice dinner but shorts in general are a children's thing? Sometimes they are the only practical option in hot weather unless one wants to be a puddle of sweat.

You wouldn't see any self-respecting adult in a Mediterranean country wearing shorts, even at the height of summer. Not in the city, at least. Just kids and tourists.

garbon

I don't see how that at all modifies what I said.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

I'm shocked that a nation that serves hamberders in the White House proudly wears kids' clothes.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2019, 12:34:56 AM

You said "sometimes they are the only practical option in hot weather", I'm saying people in many contries with hot weather seem to have no need for them.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on June 06, 2019, 03:05:50 AM

You said "sometimes they are the only practical option in hot weather", I'm saying people in many contries with hot weather seem to have no need for them.

Odd that you chose to truncate out the rest of what I said. Almost as of it were deliberate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2019, 03:12:54 AM

Odd that you chose to truncate out the rest of what I said. Almost as of it were deliberate.

I assumed that was the part you took issue with.  But I was talking about shorts in general, so it does apply to your entire post.

Tamas

It has to be really really hot, usually a very warm summer day in an AC-less office, to make wear shorts. The kinds that go down a bit below your knees, not the 80s style.

And I never, ever wear sandals. Horribly uncomfortable.

Maladict

Back to Trump news :lol:

The Sun reports that 93-year-old D-Day veteran Thomas Cuthbert laughed "if I was 20 years younger" as he shook 49-year-old Melania's hand — right in front of Donald, 72.

But the US president jokingly replied: "You could handle it, no question!"

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on June 06, 2019, 03:28:31 AM

I assumed that was the part you took issue with.  But I was talking about shorts in general, so it does apply to your entire post.

I'm not really sure what to do with the idea that the people you've encountered in Mediterranean environments like to walk around covered in sweat. Hurrah for them?

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2019, 06:58:27 AM
Quote from: Maladict on June 06, 2019, 03:28:31 AM

I'm not really sure what to do with the idea that the people you've encountered in Mediterranean environments like to walk around covered in sweat. Hurrah for them?

The Larch

The Baby Trump blimp has been stabbed.  :(

dps

If the US is the only country in which adults wear shorts, it's just more proof of American superiority.

Habbaku

I don't get what's so bad about shorts? :unsure:

Jean shorts are the worst, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

I think we can all agree on the terribleness of jorts.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall