And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2016, 05:41:38 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 10, 2016, 02:14:11 AM
I hope the morons who found some bullshit reason to convince themselves to not vote for Clinton because of corruption are happy with the fact that they just locked in a Citizens United court for a couple of decades. 

So let's say Trump GOP discredits itself so thoroughly and utterly, in a way that voters will uncharacteristically attribute to them, and both White House and Congress goes back to Democrats.  Any measure they pass to undo the destruction of democratic institutions perpetrated by GOP will have to go through the GOP Supreme Court.  Good luck.

And then voters will be fed up with continued corruption that Democrats didn't do anything to fix, and vote GOP back in out of general sense of frustration.  Ugh.  I still haven't found a way to spin this that isn't a total disaster, even while completely ignoring Trump's personal qualities.

I also enjoy those who wanted a change in Washington and thought hey, changing to a maverick President, surely that's enough right? We don't need to say unseat current sitting members of congress do we? :unsure:

Hey, did you not get hope and change from a young President 8 years ago? This time it will be even more change!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 10, 2016, 06:46:42 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2016, 11:21:58 PM
OK, if there's one Trump idea that I can get behind is that he said he'd make it easier to fire Federal employees.   :ph34r:

People at work yesterday were shitting bricks  :lol: :ph34r:

Yeah, it was rather solemn. But, there were quite a few pro-Trumps that were whistling on a rainy day.   They have a very specific profile:  white, male, GS-12s and higher, mostly transplants from Dumbfuckistan.

I don't think they care they're going to lose their FY17 and FY18 budgets and get absolutely nothing accomplished; they're just happy that, maybe, just maybe, people will finally shut the fuck up about the niggers and gays and women and the mud ducks and slopes already and all that annoying diversity stuff.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 06:53:46 AM
I hope the morons who found some bullshit reason to convince themselves to not vote for Clinton because of corruption are happy with the fact that they just locked in a Citizens United court for a couple of decades. 

So let's say Trump GOP discredits itself so thoroughly and utterly, in a way that voters will uncharacteristically attribute to them, and both White House and Congress goes back to Democrats.  Any measure they pass to undo the destruction of democratic institutions perpetrated by GOP will have to go through the GOP Supreme Court.  Good luck.

And then voters will be fed up with continued corruption that Democrats didn't do anything to fix, and vote GOP back in out of general sense of frustration.  Ugh.  I still haven't found a way to spin this that isn't a total disaster, even while completely ignoring Trump's personal qualities.

I also enjoy those who wanted a change in Washington and thought hey, changing to a maverick President, surely that's enough right? We don't need to say unseat current sitting members of congress do we? :unsure:

Hey, did you not get hope and change from a young President 8 years ago? This time it will be even more change!

No. In fact, that was a big reason I never voted for him.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2016, 06:58:29 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 10, 2016, 06:46:42 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2016, 11:21:58 PM
OK, if there's one Trump idea that I can get behind is that he said he'd make it easier to fire Federal employees.   :ph34r:

People at work yesterday were shitting bricks  :lol: :ph34r:

Yeah, it was rather solemn. But, there were quite a few pro-Trumps that were whistling on a rainy day.   They have a very specific profile:  white, male, GS-12s and higher, mostly transplants from Dumbfuckistan.

I don't think they care they're going to lose their FY17 and FY18 budgets and get absolutely nothing accomplished; they're just happy that, maybe, just maybe, people will finally shut the fuck up about the niggers and gays and women and the mud ducks and slopes already and all that annoying diversity stuff.

Of course, without power, I don't see why the left wouldn't become more shrill about those things. Thinking left as in populace, rather than politicians who will trying to worm themselves back in. I guess institutionally though, yeah they'll get less pressure on that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2016, 07:03:46 AM

Of course, without power, I don't see why the left wouldn't become more shrill about those things. Thinking left as in populace, rather than politicians who will trying to worm themselves back in. I guess institutionally though, yeah they'll get less pressure on that.

It's bigger than that, though.  It's not just about institutions, but our entire society. 

These guys are sick and tired of hearing about the blacks complain about getting shot by the police when they don't just do what they're told.  Sick and tired about hearing blacks bitch about not having movies nominated by the Academy Awards.  The rainbow flag lighting up the White House.  Sick and tired of Affirmative Action and welfare myths.  Women earning less than men. Sick of the Ethnic-Flavor-of-the-Day Employee Association, etc.  Oprah. Ellen. Michelle Obama. And what's with all these Muslim terrorists here?

Everybody goofed on me when I said Trump was going to take Pennsylvania.  I told you motherfuckers that I was a hell of a lot closer to Pennsylvania than any of you, and I've been counting the yard signs, I see the commuters.  And while there are liberal urban enclaves in Philly and to a lesser extent Pittsburgh, there's an entire massive state in between--and it's filled with people who still bitch about why we need a Black History Month, what about White History Month?

Tuesday's vote was won by those white guys I will see at work today that are sick and tired of hearing about black this, gay that, Latino, transgender, blah, blah, blah.  They voted to shut them the fuck up, and they elected a President that will shut them the fuck up.

You assholes have given me shit for years, oh it's always racism, racism, racism with CdM...he's only been up to his balls in it, he doesn't know what he's talking about, whaaaa.  But racism, sexism, xenophobia and intolerance just won the White House.  Like Andrew Sullivan wrote the other day, the social agenda's hand was overplayed.  And some of the white males I work with are still whistling at work.  Sounds like the theme to The Andy Griffith Show.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 09, 2016, 08:25:06 PM
I believe that all 50 of the US states produce their own wine. One day I would like to fly over, hire or buy a nice RV, and tour the USA sampling those wines and engaging random citizens in conversation about the wine.

Alaska wine? Even England is a better land for growing wine. :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2016, 08:06:53 AM

It's bigger than that, though.  It's not just about institutions, but our entire society. 

These guys are sick and tired of hearing about the blacks complain about getting shot by the police when they don't just do what they're told.  Sick and tired about hearing blacks bitch about not having movies nominated by the Academy Awards.  The rainbow flag lighting up the White House.  Sick and tired of Affirmative Action and welfare myths.  Women earning less than men. Sick of the Ethnic-Flavor-of-the-Day Employee Association, etc.  Oprah. Ellen. Michelle Obama. And what's with all these Muslim terrorists here?

Everybody goofed on me when I said Trump was going to take Pennsylvania.  I told you motherfuckers that I was a hell of a lot closer to Pennsylvania than any of you, and I've been counting the yard signs, I see the commuters.  And while there are liberal urban enclaves in Philly and to a lesser extent Pittsburgh, there's an entire massive state in between--and it's filled with people who still bitch about why we need a Black History Month, what about White History Month?

Tuesday's vote was won by those white guys I will see at work today that are sick and tired of hearing about black this, gay that, Latino, transgender, blah, blah, blah.  They voted to shut them the fuck up, and they elected a President that will shut them the fuck up.

You assholes have given me shit for years, oh it's always racism, racism, racism with CdM...he's only been up to his balls in it, he doesn't know what he's talking about, whaaaa.  But racism, sexism, xenophobia and intolerance just won the White House.  Like Andrew Sullivan wrote the other day, the social agenda's hand was overplayed.  And some of the white males I work with are still whistling at work.  Sounds like the theme to The Andy Griffith Show.

I didn't, I thought you report from the ground war rang very true, similar to my experience canvassing Brexiters; It was the Languish reality distortion field that refused to accept real world evidence.

By the way were is that post of yours about Pennsylvannia, I tried to find it but failed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Berkut

I am one of those who thinks there needs to be systemic, even radical, reform in our political system.

But basic competency and human decency are a pre-requisite for any group to have a chance to effect that reform. Electing a shit flinging monkey because CHANGE isn't going to get you change. Just a lot of shit flung around.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

I got nothing.

You're right.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Reforms work by reforming the laws anyway. Not just putting a strongman or a nutcase in there to break shit down. Because even if that makes you feel better the same structures still exist that will eventually go back to how things were before.

The conservatives ruled that corruption was constitutionally protected but don't seem to want to address the consequences of that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2016, 08:43:28 AM

I am one of those who thinks there needs to be systemic, even radical, reform in our political system.

But basic competency and human decency are a pre-requisite for any group to have a chance to effect that reform. Electing a shit flinging monkey because CHANGE isn't going to get you change. Just a lot of shit flung around.

I was just noting that change isn't going to come about if people keep the incumbents in place, which is what Trump voters for change did.

garbon

Then I think they are confused on the outcome. I think the left leaning populace isn't going to be shamed into silence by this. We'll only get louder - particularly now that the gov't is opposed to us.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2016, 08:50:49 AM

Then I think they are confused on the outcome. I think the left leaning populace isn't going to be shamed into silence by this. We'll only get louder - particularly now that the gov't is opposed to us.

But being load After the event is very effective
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2016, 08:50:49 AM

Frankly the whole things is incredibly galvanizing and vindicating to the radicals who insist America is a mysogynistic, racist, xenophobic, bigoted, etc... society. They all get their moment to say 'I told you so!' and swell their ranks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."