What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

I always kinda figured the special stigma on radiation is that us humans don't like invisible killers.

The Brain

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 10, 2018, 12:46:24 PM
I always kinda figured the special stigma on radiation is that us humans don't like invisible killers.

I don't think that's it. A great many killers are invisible.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on October 10, 2018, 12:57:21 PM

We don't like them either.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Brain on October 10, 2018, 12:31:30 PM
Society values lives lost through radiation differently from lives lost to other dangers. It could be argued that dead is dead, but that is not society's view. A view which isn't right or wrong (values aren't right or wrong).

They may be so but it doesn't appear to relate to the EPA's action.  The Trump EPA has been raising threshold levels of exposure to *all* potential toxins. This about a trade off of regulatory ease for industry vs worker safety across every domain that the EPA regulates.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

Trump naming Ivanka as UN ambassador would be fun. This White House could use a healthy dose of nepotism.

The Brain

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 10, 2018, 01:21:46 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 10, 2018, 12:57:21 PM

We don't like them either.

We like them a lot better than radiation.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Ivanka would be preferable to any Bolton-approved choice.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

Makes you wonder when the nepotistic appointment of someone without any credentials for the job looks like the best case option...

crazy canuck

Daddy, the representative from Germany was mean to me today

Don't worry Ivanka, I will deal with it.

General, fire something at Germany would ya.

Malthus

Makes me wonder if being in Rome under Caligula was something like this.

[Caligula] "I know, I'll make my horse a Senator!"

[Roman Alt-Right] "Heh heh, that will really make the libtards weep."

[Caligula] "Oh, and I'll collect tribute from the gods themselves. Have my army collect sea-shells! Tribute from Neptune!"

[Roman Alt-Right] "He just keeps the wins coming ... "
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

Quote from: Malthus on October 10, 2018, 03:23:42 PM
Makes me wonder if being in Rome under Caligula was something like this.

[Caligula] "I know, I'll make my horse a Senator!"

[Roman Alt-Right] "Heh heh, that will really make the libtards weep."

[Caligula] "Oh, and I'll collect tribute from the gods themselves. Have my army collect sea-shells! Tribute from Neptune!"

[Roman Alt-Right] "He just keeps the wins coming ... "

:lol:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 11, 2018, 07:31:50 AM
Trump has tried to fire Kelly, but Kelly just ignores him.  :wacko:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tried-to-fire-john-kelly-but-kelly-ignored-him-report-says-2018-10

QuotePresident Donald Trump has reportedly attempted to fire White House chief of staff John Kelly, according to a bombshell interview with New York Magazine reporter Olivia Nuzzi.
That effort has failed because Trump typically uses the retired Marine general to oust people, and didn't know who else to ask.

Surreal. Is he such a chicken that he can't see whoever he's firing to the face when doing so? For somebody who made his public persona around the "You're fired!" catchphrase he seems to be really bad at actually firing people.

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on October 11, 2018, 07:51:52 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 11, 2018, 07:31:50 AM
Trump has tried to fire Kelly, but Kelly just ignores him.  :wacko:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tried-to-fire-john-kelly-but-kelly-ignored-him-report-says-2018-10

QuotePresident Donald Trump has reportedly attempted to fire White House chief of staff John Kelly, according to a bombshell interview with New York Magazine reporter Olivia Nuzzi.
That effort has failed because Trump typically uses the retired Marine general to oust people, and didn't know who else to ask.

Surreal. Is he such a chicken that he can't see whoever he's firing to the face when doing so? For somebody who made his public persona around the "You're fired!" catchphrase he seems to be really bad at actually firing people.

He's really bad at pretty much everything. I am quite convinced even his dodgy business deals were orhcestrated by his staff, and he has never been more than rich daddy's spoiled little brat.