What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

From CNN:

Quote"In a key sentence in my remarks I said the word would instead of wouldn't," Trump said. He explained he reviewed a transcript and video of his remarks.

"The sentence should have been: 'I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Russia,'" he said. "Sort of a double negative."

:D This is pathetic.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

He was doing so well until "Could be other people also."

FunkMonk

Quote from: frunk on July 17, 2018, 02:16:09 PM
He was doing so well until "Could be other people also."

He can't help himself. Even when he parrots what Mitch and the WH crew tell him to say, he has to make some snide remark. Like a teenager.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

So basically this is Charlotte again. First he puts his foot in his mouth. After backlash, he reads a scripted excuse that probably someone else wrote for him, and tomorrow he'll probably go back on everything he just read out loud.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on July 17, 2018, 02:24:28 PM
So basically this is Charlotte again. First he puts his foot in his mouth. After backlash, he reads a scripted excuse that probably someone else wrote for him, and tomorrow he'll probably go back on everything he just read out loud.

He's nothing if not predictable. :yes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Solmyr

Everything is fine, nothing to see here, the GOP has complete confidence in the President.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on July 17, 2018, 02:12:08 PM
Quote from: Jacob on July 17, 2018, 02:05:34 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 17, 2018, 01:52:00 PM
Donald just reversed everything and said he was misinterpreted, moments after Mitch McConnell and the Senate R leadership publicly rebuked his positions on NATO and Russia and said they may take up legislation on further Russia sanctions   :lol:

Link?

Perhaps Funk was thinking of this?

QuoteBy LOUIS NELSON 07/17/2018 03:03 PM EDT
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he accepts the assessment of the U.S. intelligence community that Russia was behind a campaign of cyberattacks intended to impact the outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election, reversing course from a day earlier, when he said he saw no reason why the Kremlin might have launched such an attack.

"Let me begin by saying that, once again, the full faith and support for America's intelligence agencies, I have a full faith in our intelligence agencies," Trump told reporters at the top of a White House meeting on Tuesday. "Let me be totally clear in saying that — and I've said this many times, I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/17/trump-now-says-he-accepts-that-russia-meddled-in-2016-election-726335

I'm actually more interested in the potential legislation increasing sanctions...

Oexmelin

Quote from: Solmyr on July 17, 2018, 02:42:56 PM
Everything is fine, nothing to see here, the GOP has complete confidence in the President.

Apparently so, since it would only take 2 Senators to start rebelling against McConnell and Ryan's deference to Trump. And that seems to much to ask still.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 17, 2018, 02:54:11 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on July 17, 2018, 02:42:56 PM

Apparently so, since it would only take 2 Senators to start rebelling against McConnell and Ryan's deference to Trump. And that seems to much to ask still.

They did it on Obamacare.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

https://www.newsweek.com/russian-defense-ministry-ready-implement-putin-trump-security-agreements-1028922

QuoteRUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY 'READY' TO IMPLEMENT PUTIN-TRUMP SECURITY AGREEMENTS

The Russian military has announced that it is "ready" to implement "international security" agreements reached by U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin in a Helsinki summit on Monday.

"The Russian Defense Ministry is ready for practical implementation of the agreements in the sphere of international security," ministry spokesperson Igor Konashenkov said Tuesday, according to Russian news agency Tass. He added that Russia is "ready to enliven contact with the U.S. colleagues, between our General Staffs and via other communication channels."

Konashenkov specifically referenced the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START), cooperation in Syria and "other issues" regarding military security.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Oexmelin

Which suggests that it is closely tied to really narrow calculations of electability, and that, therefore, the electorate of the GOP would rather blame Obama for everything, rant about the deep state, "but her emails" - and that all that talk of patriotism from the right is just shorthand for core-level identity, rather than a set of actual beliefs about what it means. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on July 17, 2018, 03:00:32 PM
https://www.newsweek.com/russian-defense-ministry-ready-implement-putin-trump-security-agreements-1028922

QuoteRUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY 'READY' TO IMPLEMENT PUTIN-TRUMP SECURITY AGREEMENTS

The Russian military has announced that it is "ready" to implement "international security" agreements reached by U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin in a Helsinki summit on Monday.

"The Russian Defense Ministry is ready for practical implementation of the agreements in the sphere of international security," ministry spokesperson Igor Konashenkov said Tuesday, according to Russian news agency Tass. He added that Russia is "ready to enliven contact with the U.S. colleagues, between our General Staffs and via other communication channels."

Konashenkov specifically referenced the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START), cooperation in Syria and "other issues" regarding military security.

Do we know what these agreements are yet?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on July 17, 2018, 03:00:32 PM

Russian troops preparing to annex Alaska and the Pacific coastal states, as stipulated in the surrender documents in Helsinki, no doubt.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Quote from: Jacob on July 17, 2018, 03:04:53 PM
Do we know what these agreements are yet?

:D You're funny!

I think they mentioned something about cooperating on cybersecurity.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

RT seems to have more detail, and might be more reliable at this point than whatever falls out of The Orange One's mouth: https://www.rt.com/news/433527-russian-us-military-syria/

From the article:

QuoteThe Putin-Trump meeting marked an important step toward the emerging multipolar world, where the main actors get together and negotiate, standing by their "national interests," geopolitical expert Pierre-Emmanuel Thomann told RT.

Such a new approach would likely be more fruitful than the "ancient" US unilateral drive for the forced Westernization and multiculturalism, while the summit itself exemplified "the acceptance from the US of the new multipolar world."

"I think this is a new process. Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump have shown to the world they want to be in charge," Thomann said. "They want to start negotiations on the real political basis, and I think this is a good start, because the utopian ideas on the international relations always fail. And they admit they are rivals, they want to identify common grounds for cooperation and try to overcome their differences."
—Stephen Jay Gould