What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Looks like no Republican candidate for senate in California. Dems weren't locked out of any of the seats they were aiming for.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/california-primary-election-results-n880391
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

I wonder if Trump will actually attend the G7 summit and face the criticism of his trade policies or whether he will find some excuse not to come.

Razgovory

So apparently Trump is bringing up the War of 1812 in regards to tariffs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2018, 01:34:45 PM
So apparently Trump is bringing up the War of 1812 in regards to tariffs.

I was just going to post that. :lol:

QuoteAccording to the sources, Trudeau pressed Trump on how he could justify the tariffs as a "national security" issue. In response, Trump quipped to Trudeau, "Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" referring to the War of 1812.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/06/politics/war-of-1812-donald-trump-justin-trudeau-tariff/index.html
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Yay Kim Kardashian and Trump helped a black lady.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2018, 12:27:46 PM
I wonder if Trump will actually attend the G7 summit and face the criticism of his trade policies or whether he will find some excuse not to come.

He might as well stay home. Everyone (except possibly Kim Jong Un) seems to be done trying to suck up to him.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 06, 2018, 01:42:10 PM
He's wrong, that was the British.

Yes, and that is your President's reason for claiming Canada represents a national security risk.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2018, 01:51:47 PM

Yes, and that is your President's reason for claiming Canada represents a national security risk.

The first president to recognize the risk since Alan Alda made the bold demand: "Surrender pronto, or we'll level Toronto." :)

I just realized that Trump is worse than a Michael Moore parody republican administration. He is not even as clever with words. :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 06, 2018, 03:40:00 PM
Canada didn't exist

I believe the term Canada was officially applied to the area in 1791. It was called that informally for awhile before that, of course.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2018, 01:51:47 PM

The reason is to bully the Canadians into doing whatever insane thing he wants you to do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Don't feel too bad Canada.  Trump also thinks the US government is a national security risk.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson