What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I'm trying to think of times when Obama's surrogates played to Obama's need to be the center of attention.  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Obama has more self esteem and doesn't need constant reassurance.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Oh even better.

QuoteGreat meeting with @KimKardashian today, talked about prison reform and sentencing. pic.twitter.com/uOy4UJ41JF

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2018
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Of course Trump's more of a narcissist.  Jeez.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Trade war is in with the imposition of tariffs on European steel and aluminium. The EU will react with tariffs on American products.

Zanza

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on May 31, 2018, 11:42:08 AM
Trade war is in with the imposition of tariffs on European steel and aluminium. The EU will react with tariffs on American products.

You'd think maybe someone could rope this moron in a bit.

Or perhaps they have and this lunacy is the compromise? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on May 31, 2018, 11:57:37 AM

You'd think maybe someone could rope this moron in a bit.

Or perhaps they have and this lunacy is the compromise? :unsure:

Nope - they're "Letting Trump be Trump". :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Why are we going to trade war with the biggest importers of American Goods?  :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on May 31, 2018, 01:19:30 PM
Why are we going to trade war with the biggest importers of American Goods?  :hmm:

Because you want to win!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

So in retaliation we're imposing tariffs on peanut butter? Who the hell buys American peanut butter?  :wacko:

The Minsky Moment

That's Trade War #1.  But the problem with steel and aluminum tariffs is that it increases costs to users of those commodities in the US and thus renders their production uneconomic.  Exhibit 1 - the US auto industry.  So to protect the US auto industry from the consequences of the metal tariffs, there needs to be tariffs on cars as well, to equalize things out.  Voila, Trade War #2. See where this is going?  There is a kind of deranged logic to it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Bigger impact.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Gaiman sucks.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.