What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 30, 2018, 02:47:26 PM
ME ME ME
WHAT ABOUT ME

He's a disgrace :lol:

At least Obama was smart enough to have his surrogates do it for him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2018, 03:38:14 PM
He's a disgrace :lol:

At least Obama was smart enough to have his surrogates do it for him.

I assume you're talking about the monkey cartoons?  Do you really think that's morally equivalent to the stuff Donald gets?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2018, 04:14:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2018, 04:10:53 PM
No.

Is it an animal, vegetable, or mineral?

Derspiess is aluding to the oft repeated idea on the right that Obama was a raging narcassist. It was silly then, and even more silly now that we have a real one in the White House.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

I don't know that that's silly. I suspect nearly all presidents are narcissists to a degree. Most don't display it so nakedly as Trump, of course.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 30, 2018, 08:07:52 PM
I don't know that that's silly. I suspect nearly all presidents are narcissists to a degree.

Seems like a bit of goalpost moving. Tim was not saying the claim was he might have had a few narcissistic tendencies. But that the claim was this was an overriding characterization.

QuoteMost don't display it so nakedly as Trump, of course.

Explain what you mean by this. I mean are you saying Trump only has an average presidential ego but just is more honest about it? Because I think only Bill Clinton really even comes close to his league as far as having an ego is concerned. I have a hard time imagining Dubya being this huge egoist.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 30, 2018, 08:07:52 PM
I don't know that that's silly. I suspect nearly all presidents are narcissists to a degree. Most don't display it so nakedly as Trump, of course.
:rolleyes: You're really wearing out that contrarian shtick.

Eddie Teach

Because I think one needs a bit of ego to seek the job?

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 30, 2018, 08:24:59 PM
No, it's because you're reflexively playing devil's advocate, completely without regard to the strength of devil's position.  The fact that most people score somewhere between 0 and 10 on the scale of narcissim has nothing to do with the characterization of Obama as a narcissist. 

Valmy

I get what you are saying I just thought that was a bit of a goalpost move from what Tim was claiming the right was saying about Obama. Tim was saying the right was claiming he was some kind of egomaniac. I find that hard to buy considering how nerdy Obama looks but hey I don't know him personally.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on May 30, 2018, 08:37:32 PM
No, it's because you're reflexively playing devil's advocate, completely without regard to the strength of devil's position.  The fact that most people score somewhere between 0 and 10 on the scale of narcissim has nothing to do with the characterization of Obama as a narcissist.

Most US presidents probably fall in the 7-10 range.