News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Trump contemplating doing press conferences instead of Spicer:

QuotePresident Donald Trump apparently isn't too happy about the mismatched messages coming from his communications team and says it may be best if he takes on the role of conducting press briefings himself.

Mr Trump made the suggestion during an interview with Fox News that is set to air this weekend.

"We don't have press conferences, we just don't have them, unless I have them every two weeks and I do them myself," Mr Trump said in a clip, describing his post-press briefing dream life. "I think it's a good idea."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sean-spicer-press-briefings-us-president-wants-to-do-instead-a7733651.html

The Minsky Moment

Shooting the messenging, that's a new one.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

QuoteDPRK News Service @DPRK_News
US Secret Police avenges fallen leader by accurately reporting Shouting Kumquat Donald Trump quotes.

DPRK Secret Police doesn't exist.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

You'd be proud of me, Ed.  I wrote Airplane!'s "Counterpoint" quote on my cubicle dry erase board.  In bullet points.  All three.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2017, 07:59:47 PM
You'd be proud of me, Ed.  I wrote Airplane!'s "Counterpoint" quote on my cubicle dry erase board.  In bullet points.  All three.

Good man.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

11B4V

I CANT STOP WATCHING THIS TRAIN WRECK, HELP ME
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 16, 2017, 08:17:45 PM

You realize that, should he ever have to go--and to this point, I see no reason why he would as long as the GOP doesn't care--he'll never go quietly, don't you?  You know that, right?

CountDeMoney

Looks like subpoenas issued for Paulie Ukraine.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2017, 08:32:24 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 16, 2017, 08:17:45 PM

You realize that, should he ever have to go--and to this point, I see no reason why he would as long as the GOP doesn't care--he'll never go quietly, don't you?  You know that, right?

:yes:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2017, 08:34:37 PM

By Justice or the Senate?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 16, 2017, 08:38:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2017, 08:34:37 PM

By Justice or the Senate?

The Hill is apparently following the Ukraine money through his $3.5M mortgage he had signed for his home in the Hamptons the day after he left the campaign.

11B4V

CountDeMoney

The sheer hubris of these people.   :lol:  I mean, I always thought the mob was obtuse, but these people have absolutely no shame or brains.  They must really think they're actually in Russia.