[BloodBowl] The Orca Cola Languish Super League

Started by bogh, July 04, 2009, 09:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogh

Come one, come all.

The Orca Cola Languish Super League (previously the Bmollson Memorial Cup) is now underway.

I'll keep this thread updated as the teams sign up and scores come in.

RULES:

Specify your team (pick one that's brand spanking new for fairness).

Each team will play every other team once, in whatever order happens to work for you. The tournament will last until all games have been played.

3 points for a victory, 1 for a draw. In the event of a tied score after all games, TD difference will be tiebreaker.

TEAMS:
Bogh: Sylvan Supremos (Wood elf)
Tamas: Frenzied Footmen (Human)
Jaron: Son of Thrace (Dwarf)
Syt: Orkville Moonshiners (Orkz)
Katmai: Tzeentch Terrors(Chaos)

RESULTS:
Sylvan Supremos vs. Frenzied Footmen 2-1

LEAGUE TABLE:

TEAMPointsWonDrawLostTDs forTDs againstTeams played
Sylvan Supremos310021Frenzied Footmen
Frenzied Footmen000112Sylvan Supremos
Sons of Thrace000000
Orkville Moonshiners000000
Tzeentch Terrors000000

bogh

Sylvan Supremos vs. Frenzied Footmen 2-1
In a fairly close game that could have been a tie on any other day, the Footmen took on the Supremos. The Elves started out by giving samples of their amazing ball handling and passing game by failing to pick up the ball several times. Despite a few setbacks, they still managed to pull ahead by one by the second turn and add another one after stopping the human offensive drive.

Going into the half time trailing by two, coach Tamas seemed to deem defeat inevitable, but in the opening minutes of the second half, the human team drove down the left side, shrugged off the Elven blocks and opened up the game with a quick touchdown.

The Elves tried for a quick retaliation by handing the ball to their sole wardancer, sending him down the middle. As the humans surrounded him, the elegant star of the Supremos tried to leap out of their grasp and into the endzone, falling on his face and sending him out of the game for good. A gritty back and forth on the Footmen half ended up with the ball in human hands crossing into enemy territory on the far right, while most of the players were tied up on the left. A couple of Elves broke free of their marking humans and brought the ball carrier down, trying to set up a new offensive. The human countered, but after several fumbles and drops, the ball landed next to an Elven lineman with virtually seconds left on the clock. Feeling the immense importance of the play, the Elven rookie steeled himself, reached for the ball and missed it by a mile. As the ref blew his whistle, human supporters were chanting "You're shit and you know you are!" at the clearly embarrased twat.

Tamas

bogh

Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2009, 09:25:47 AM
:lol: :thumbsup:

You know, as the game is coming back to me, I remember always thinking that the humans were on the weak side. Having real weakness is all fine and good, but that comes with no really strong sides either. That flexibility is nice, but I just don't know.

Jaron

My powerful Sons of Thrace shall commit to this perhaps :) They are brand new, same name, new flavor. DWARVES. Is this acceptable, lord bogh?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

bogh

Quote from: Jaron on July 04, 2009, 03:33:40 PM
My powerful Sons of Thrace shall commit to this perhaps :) They are brand new, same name, new flavor. DWARVES. Is this acceptable, lord bogh?

You're in.

Take care out there on the pitch.

bogh

Quote from: katmai on July 05, 2009, 04:01:12 AM
I pick chaos team!

Excellent choice, sir. May I inquire as to what the name of your team will be?

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on July 05, 2009, 06:04:32 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 05, 2009, 06:02:47 AM
Orkville Moonshiners signing up.

Fancy a game today?

I will poke in later tonight (just had a game like to take a break for a bit afterwards) to see who's on.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

bogh

I'll be online rest of the day - I've got to look after some stuff for work tomorrow, so I am in fron of the pc anyway.

katmai

Quote from: bogh on July 05, 2009, 06:52:56 AM
Quote from: katmai on July 05, 2009, 04:01:12 AM
I pick chaos team!

Excellent choice, sir. May I inquire as to what the name of your team will be?
Tzeentch terrors
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Norgy