News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Portland and Seattle

Started by Savonarola, October 28, 2016, 12:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

I'll be in Portland OR November 8 to November 13 and Seattle WA from November 13 to November 18.  Is there any must sees in either city?  (Or hidden gems in Seattle, I've been to most of the well known sites there.)  Is there anyone living in either location who would be interested in an IRL meeting?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Hamilcar

Quote from: Savonarola on October 28, 2016, 12:42:11 PM
I'll be in Portland OR November 8 to November 13 and Seattle WA from November 13 to November 18.  Is there any must sees in either city?  (Or hidden gems in Seattle, I've been to most of the well known sites there.)  Is there anyone living in either location who would be interested in an IRL meeting?

Seattle: full of dirty hipsters pointedly sighing as you demand they actually serve you the organic coffee you ordered half an hour ago. Not keen to go back. Portland is probably worse.

CountDeMoney

:lol:

I know Capt Mihali is In Seattle;  he gave me his phone number but never returned my call, so who knows.  Probably way too busy with his grow operations by now.

11B is on the other side of I-5, IIRC.

Isn't there another Languishite in the greater Seattle area?

LaCroix

the bookstore in portland is pretty cool

Admiral Yi

My two favorite memories of Seattle are the hydroplane races and some Indian festival thing, neither of which you can do in November.  So if I were you I would just each a buttload of Salmon and chuckle at the Japanese tourists.

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on October 28, 2016, 01:35:25 PM
the bookstore in portland is pretty cool
Oversized is probably a better word.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Not there now (and won't be during said timeframe), but it is the motherland.  :)

For the Portland area, find a Burgerville (local chain)...always very good.  Portland is also known for other good/odd food places (e.g  http://wafflewindow.com/ ).

Seattle area I am more familiar with.  Will you be based in any particular part of the Seattle area, or in the city itself?

katmai

Well Seattle wise we don't have anyone currently visiting Languish anymore, Mihali was the last.
Likewise Fahdiz is closest to Portland but he isn't active either.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on October 28, 2016, 07:36:28 PM
Well Seattle wise we don't have anyone currently visiting Languish anymore, Mihali was the last.

I keep trying to get my ass up there, but nobody will hire me. 
I would take Berkut's advice and show up anyway, but doesn't the Pacific Northwest have enough homeless runaways as it is?  It would be pretty depressing to be the only Gen Xer living under the overpass.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2016, 08:02:07 PM

I would take Berkut's advice and show up anyway, but doesn't the Pacific Northwest have enough homeless runaways as it is?  It would be pretty depressing to be the only Gen Xer living under the overpass.

Just tell them you knew Kurt Cobain back in the day.  :P

CountDeMoney

katmai

Man there are whole fucking cities under I5 south of downtown Seattle it is crazy.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Is this in your skillset?

https://us-amazon.icims.com/jobs/420408/global-security-operations-policy-manager/job?iis=Job+Posting&iisn=Indeed+%28Free+Posting%29&mobile=false&width=1243&height=1200&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-540&jun1offset=-480

Or maybe this one:

https://us-amazon.icims.com/jobs/439883/program-manager---physical-security-subject-matter-expert/job?iis=Job+Posting&iisn=Indeed+%28Free+Posting%29

CountDeMoney

Dude, I have applied to Amazon physical security/SOC positions so many times the last 4 years--not just Seattle, but back here--I don't think they've ever had them filled.  :lol: I think they're really just gag jobs, and Amazon needs the clicks. :lol: