News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Post-Nominal Letters

Started by Savonarola, October 28, 2016, 09:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

To bring it back to the original point, I never list my degrees (which for the record, are B.Sc. and LL.B.)

But if I got some other kind of honour - most notably if I get a QC designation, you better believe I'm going to rock those letters every chance I get.  :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on October 28, 2016, 04:55:36 PM
To bring it back to the original point, I never list my degrees (which for the record, are B.Sc. and LL.B.)

But if I got some other kind of honour - most notably if I get a QC designation, you better believe I'm going to rock those letters every chance I get.  :ph34r:

Like the CEO/Founder of my old company in any official publication/news release -  "Dr. [NAME], CBE" :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on October 28, 2016, 04:55:36 PM

Heh, I had started this thread in part hoping someone would have something truly unusual like OBE or SJ. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Tonitrus

Someday, I might be able to put "USAF(Ret.)" after my name.  :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on October 29, 2016, 05:28:43 PM
Heh, I had started this thread in part hoping someone would have something truly unusual like OBE or SJ.

I'm pretty sure we would've known by now if somebody here was a Jesuit.

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2016, 05:36:07 PM

Isn't Yi one?  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Savonarola

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2016, 05:36:07 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on October 29, 2016, 05:28:43 PM

That's what they'd like you to think :shifty: :pope:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Oexmelin

I circulate an attendance sheet in one of my classes where students write their names and sign, which I guess appeared foreign and exotic to my students. About a third into the semester last year, a student began signing his name with a variety of letters, perhaps assuming I never looked at those, or that the TA would ignore his little amusement. It began with esq., ing., then moved into more obscure ones, s.j., KT, etc. When I wrote the comments on his final exam at the end of the semester, I made sure to address him using all the titles he had claimed: Dear Knight of the Thistle, reverend father, Monsignor, ...
Que le grand cric me croque !

mongers

Quote from: Oexmelin on October 30, 2016, 10:46:45 AM
I circulate an attendance sheet in one of my classes where students write their names and sign, which I guess appeared foreign and exotic to my students. About a third into the semester last year, a student began signing his name with a variety of letters, perhaps assuming I never looked at those, or that the TA would ignore his little amusement. It began with esq., ing., then moved into more obscure ones, s.j., KT, etc. When I wrote the comments on his final exam at the end of the semester, I made sure to address him using all the titles he had claimed: Dear Knight of the Thistle, reverend father, Monsignor, ...

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Hamilcar

Quote from: Oexmelin on October 30, 2016, 10:46:45 AM

I hope he handed in his final exam wearing his full regalia.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Hamilcar

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 30, 2016, 08:21:57 PM
I give myself SS ranks.

You can't even pronounce them correctly.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 31, 2016, 01:10:40 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 30, 2016, 08:21:57 PM
I give myself SS ranks.

You can't even pronounce them correctly.

I'd send you to a camp. Your bunkmate would be Tim.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive