What Was The Last Thing You Made Or Built?

Started by mongers, October 09, 2016, 05:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

What Was The Last Thing You Made Or Built?

Myself I'm somewhat struggling to think of something, and I don't think pushing a bunch of electrons around the interwebs/computers or yapping to people counts.  <_<

Maybe a pair of transmission line speakers a while back?  I'm excluding a bunch of house repairs/bodges.

The only other times I'm putting things together is repairing stuff, so doesn't appear one is very creative in a material* sense.

So what was the last thing you made or built?

*And yes I know I'm not ticking any boxes in the intellectual realm. :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

mongers

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 09, 2016, 05:23:19 PM
A flyer for work.  Does that count?

It's for you to decide.

I was just interested in the idea of creative physical objects and what benefits or otherwise that gives us.

edit:

BA, by the way that's a rather cool workplace.  :cool:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Do models count? I'm a bit of a LEGO junkie and build a few every year  :blush:

If not, I made a steaming kit out of some old kitchenware a few months ago.

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on October 09, 2016, 05:30:06 PM
A rifle.

I guessing this falls more into custom assembly than making? :unsure:

I'm assuming you didn't drill out the barrel, but choose a bunch of parts from various places and build a rifle to your own specification?

I do that with bikes, but for some reason I don't quite see it as making something; 
maybe I feel that would require sawing/bashing/bending wood, steel or other base materials?

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on October 09, 2016, 05:36:03 PM

Again it's up to you do decide.

Your steaming kits sound nifty and a good example of creative recycling.

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on October 09, 2016, 05:36:45 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 09, 2016, 05:30:06 PM
A rifle.

I guessing this falls more into custom assembly than making? :unsure:

I'm assuming you didn't drill out the barrel, but choose a bunch of parts from various places and build a rifle to your own specification?

I do that with bikes, but for some reason I don't quite see it as making something
maybe I feel that would require sawing/bashing/bending wood, steel or other base materials?

Then it would not be in my gun safe, would it.

Topic: What Was The Last Thing You Made Or Built?
:rolleyes: You set the parameters
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Apparently if you didn't pour and form the plastic, then no.

MadBurgerMaker

I put together a couple franken-computers out of parts from a bunch of different non working ones last week.  Scientists, with all their specific grants and such, can be extremely cheap when it comes to this stuff, so they'll go to the warehouse, get a pile of shit that's there for a reason, and bring it to me.  Thanks for bringing trash to me, guys!

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on October 09, 2016, 05:44:41 PM

:D

Oh and you forgot the bit about making the injection moulding die, having already forged the necessary hardened steel.  :P

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on October 09, 2016, 05:56:12 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 09, 2016, 05:44:41 PM

:P

:D

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V