Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Tonitrus

Archy

Valmy

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 08, 2016, 01:20:17 AM
How many Texas Czechs are left?

Depends on what you mean. If by Texas Czech speakers very few, probably about ten thousand. If Texans of Czech ancestry then tons, probably about a quarter million or so.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

One of my co-workers is of mixed Texas German and Czech ancestry.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

There was an interesting article about how they used proper Comanche for the injun warrior character in the new Magnificent Seven movie.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Zanza on January 11, 2010, 04:50:02 PM
I read an interesting article recently about what they called "Globish" - a dumbed-down version of English. Most non-native speakers only know about 1500-2000 words, don't understand idioms etc. That's actually a big problem for the British diplomats at the EU apparently. Everybody there speaks English and understands each other just fine - until the British appear and speak in their much more complicated English that no one gets. ;)

I notice you didn't mention any problem speaking with Americans.  :(
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson