News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Free trip to London - Should I accept?

Started by derspiess, March 14, 2016, 05:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

If London is as crap as it seemed when I lived there for 40-odd years/meeting Londoners suggests, you can go to Paris on the weekend.

derspiess

Okay so a few months ago the NFL changed its plans and is sending DVSport people to provide sideline tech support.  So I'm not going to London for free.

I do however have a cunning plan to get there without paying full price.  So if any of you London folks want to meet up with a genuine Languish villain between October 27 and 31, give me a shout. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Hamilcar

Post-Brexit London isn't really worth it.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Hamilcar

Quote from: garbon on October 08, 2016, 03:12:20 AM
:yes:

Civilisation has ground to a halt here.

Apart from Brazen, it's just raving Daily Mail readers and Islamic militants. Even the douchy bankers have left.

Martinus

Yeah, recently I am in London maybe twice a month and it really looks shit. Seriously, if you have money, the standard of living is actually much better in Warsaw - you have cheap taxis, a compact downtown, not that much traffic and don't have to use the old, smelly, hot metro.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Martinus on October 08, 2016, 03:26:57 AM
Yeah, recently I am in London maybe twice a month and it really looks shit. Seriously, if you have money, the standard of living is actually much better than Warsaw - you have cheap taxis, a compact downtown, not that much traffic and don't have to use the old, smelly, hot metro.

RIP Britannia. You gave the world so much, now rest easy. In'shallah.

celedhring

My GF wanted to move to London (and I certainly didn't) but Brexit has now put a halt to that. I guess I have to thank Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage for saving my relationship.  :hmm:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

I'd meet you Spicy, but I won't be in London at that time.