News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Where should I move ?

Started by Josquius, October 04, 2016, 02:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which European city would be best to live in?

Amsterdam
1 (4.5%)
Barcelona
3 (13.6%)
Berlin
2 (9.1%)
Copenhagen
0 (0%)
Dublin
0 (0%)
Edinburgh
4 (18.2%)
London
6 (27.3%)
Stockholm
1 (4.5%)
Asia or bust!
3 (13.6%)
The grave
0 (0%)
Istanbul/Antwerp/some other semi serious left field option
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

celedhring

Obviously being you, you should move to London  :P

Also probably the best option, seriously.

garbon

Quote from: Gups on October 04, 2016, 04:35:50 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2016, 03:41:59 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on October 04, 2016, 03:10:26 AM
London.  Financial centre, lots of huge corporations, good pay, English language, happiest place on Earth, your home. 

Mono and I agree on something.

No thanks. There are enough northerners here already whining on about how you could buy the whole of Sunderland for the price of a cupboard in Thamesmead and how unfriendly everyone is.

On the other hand, all the Northerners I know who have been here for a bit have giving up those moany ways in relation to that issue. Now we just fight about what side of the Thames. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Real estate prices in Barcelona are booming crazily too. I was thinking of moving back into the city, but I have given up.

I guess it's still cheaper than most cities in that list though.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

HVC

America. Just to see how'd you'd react :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on October 04, 2016, 07:07:37 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on October 04, 2016, 05:37:30 AM
Paris.

Yeah, odd that it's not on the short-list. 

Odd given his dislike of francophones? No, perhaps not.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

Based entirely on where I'd like a Languish meet, Amsterdam.

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on October 04, 2016, 07:23:53 AM

Can't we 'easily' just plan that? Can't be too much in cost to pop over.

Easily in quotes given how easy it is to arrange for just in London. :P

Archy

Cape Town or Jo'burg it would give fun aars to read.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2016, 07:24:50 AM
Quote from: Brazen on October 04, 2016, 07:23:53 AM

Can't we 'easily' just plan that? Can't be too much in cost to pop over.

Easily in quotes given how easy it is to arrange for just in London. :P

I'd be down for an Amsterdam languish meet. It's very affordable to get there from BCN.

Phillip V

The United States of America

Valmy

Edinburgh. You love to complain and there is so much to complain about up there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."