Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2016, 07:04:47 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 30, 2016, 06:47:13 PM
Welcome to the club.  11B4VQ6

Take-Out & Delivery, Order/Cash Collection/Tip Coordinator, Senior
Nope

Professional Peeping Tom
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

The Navy actually named the rank "petty officer" after Grumbler.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 30, 2016, 01:34:20 PM
Well this seems like it was well planned and effectively communicated.  :lol:

The crows are going to look strange without a rating indicator underneath them.  E:  Hey didn't Seabees have their own thing too?  Constructionman or something?  With blue stripes.

I'm sure they'd still have some kind of rating-ish indicator?  After all, we have our own specialty badges that we wear.

(here is mine...I am a master locksmith)

alfred russel

What will they now call the peg boy? Is that changing?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on September 30, 2016, 09:25:35 PM
What will they now call the peg boy? Is that changing?

Nope.  He'll still be called "the raz."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2016, 09:25:04 PM
I'm sure they'd still have some kind of rating-ish indicator?  After all, we have our own specialty badges that we wear.

I wonder if they're going to make some symbols for the groups that these NOCs will be under.  As far as badges like yours go, we've got those already in the form of warfare badges and things like wings and probably other stuff I can't think of.  I don't know if they changed things, but you used to be able to have a max of two of them on your shirt.  So guys that had Aviation and Surface Warfare badges would do something like get a belt buckle with their aircrew wings on it. 

Man, I got a call from an....well I guess not an HM1 anymore (doh!)...friend of mine a couple hours ago.  Not happy.  He's been really trying to get that "HMC" for a while now. 

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 30, 2016, 09:40:09 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2016, 09:25:04 PM

I wonder if they're going to make some symbols for the groups that these NOCs will be under.  As far as badges like yours go, we've got those already in the form of warfare badges and things like wings and probably other stuff I can't think of.  I don't know if they changed things, but you used to be able to have a max of two of them on your shirt.  So guys that had Aviation and Surface Warfare badges would do something like get a belt buckle with their aircrew wings on it. 

I'm assuming Chiefs will be "CPO" instead of, like lusty, something like HTC (Hull Tech Chief).  Man, I got a call from an....well I guess not an HM1 anymore (doh!)...friend of mine a couple hours ago.  Not happy.  He's been really trying to get that "HMC" for a while now.

I'd think your Aviation/Surface Warefare badges are more like the Army's CIB and the like (or our flyer wings, Missile badge, etc).  That badge above is just what we wear to show what our job/specialty is...like I'd think your rating badges are(were)...nothing too special.  I don't see why that would have to change for you guys (unless they said it would)...just the system behind them and the terms of address.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2016, 09:43:06 PM
I'd think your Aviation/Surface Warefare badges are more like the Army's CIB and the like (or our flyer wings, Missile badge, etc).  That badge above is just what we wear to show what our job/specialty is...like I'd think your rating badges are(were)...nothing too special.

The rating symbols were on our sleeves:

That's an AW3.  The rating symbol is the...thing....between the crow and the chevron.

The warfare badges go like this:

This guy here has SW (ESWS) on top, AW (EAWS) on the bottom.  There might be some special shit you could put above where the SW is there, but I wasn't high speed enough for that kind of thing, so I don't know.  :P  Things like aircrew wings would go where those are.

Tonitrus

Yeah, our occupational badge seems to be just our version of your rating badge (and our camo uniform, it's a sewn on thing too, not a shiny thing), we just wear it on our chest and not on the arm.

I imagine you guys will be keeping at least some kind of generic occupational badge under the crow, if not one for all of the old specific rates.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2016, 09:52:38 PM
Yeah, our occupational badge seems to be just our version of your rating badge (and our camo uniform, it's a sewn on thing too, not a shiny thing), we just wear it on our chest and not on the arm.

I imagine you guys will be keeping at least some kind of generic occupational badge under the crow, if not one for all of the old specific rates.

Yeah there will probably be something.  When we were on the boat, we'd just have some small sewn on crow+chevron thing on the collars of our coveralls, so nbd there really.  I think they do the same with those weird looking blue cammies that they replaced the utilities with, and then the new khakis (for non chiefs) I think use a pin of the same thing on the collar. 

I never "experienced" the blue camo or khaki uniforms.  Still had "working whites," some winter blues I never wore, and utilities (the things that replaced dungarees).