News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

President Trump - Fingers In The Till?

Started by mongers, September 28, 2016, 03:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woud a future President Trump be able to resist pilfering from the public purse?

Yes
3 (11.5%)
No
23 (88.5%)
Don't know
0 (0%)
No opinion
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

mongers

Assuming victory, will a future President Trump be able to resist for four years from sticking his fingers in the till?

The question is independent of whether he'd end up being caught.

I'll leave it up to you to suggest the level of any potential corruption, be it on the level of a British MP or towards something Putin might get up to.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

I expect him to be somewhere between Berlusconi and Putin, with the limit being an expression of the robustness of American institutions.

Liep

I really don't think he would know the difference between what's his and what's not. What's more I'm sure we'll see plenty of examples of him making policy that would favour his company, sorry, his kids' company.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on September 28, 2016, 03:17:20 PM
I expect him to be somewhere between Berlusconi and Putin, with the limit being an expression of the robustness of American institutions.

Heh, so little faith.   :P

So you don't expect him to 'buff' up much in an effort to be presidential.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on September 28, 2016, 03:19:15 PM

On the contrary, I expect him to give up any pretence and fall back to old Trump.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on September 28, 2016, 03:19:15 PM

His m.o. seems to be to con and grift at full tilt while loudly proclaiming that he is not. I expect that to continue - so he'd be using the respect Americans have for the office of president to obfuscate his grifting and the powers of his position to punish and deter anyone from doing anything about it.