The Presidential Debate, "Episode 1: The Phantom Menace" Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, September 26, 2016, 06:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 26, 2016, 07:20:59 PM:lol:  What are your friends in Trollkin Land laying odds on?  Stroke? Loss of bladder control? Uncontrollable tremors?  A case of "the vapors?"

Indeed, what rough meme, its hour come round at last, slouches towards twitter to be born?  ^_^
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

No, seriously.  What do you fucking goofballs think will happen to her?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

I think she'll live. Speak a bit in DC policy wonk, hopefully only briefly, try to land a zinger or two, something the networks can play on a loop while declaring her the winner, promise to be tough on America's enemies and focus on growth at home.

Spiciest thing I've seen so far is this:

It really is 4Chan vs. Tumblr: The Campaign out there.  :mellow: :thumbsup:

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Legbiter

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Whoo! 2nd class canceled! I get to watch the first thirty minutes live.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on September 26, 2016, 07:16:42 PM
Maybe nothing very interesting will happen. Trump will be fairly subdued relatively speaking and Clinton will not have any health issues. Tone and body language rather than what's being said will generate an overall vibe and determine the winner.

Trump has an advantage I'd say.

I agree with this.

Trump will try to be boring and "presidential" considering the way the polls have tightened; he doesn't want to fuck up a month of hard work and decent polling trends. Hillary will do much the same. She is still leading, barely, in most polling, and doesn't want to rock the boat too much.

Both of them will be boring garbagemen (I'm still voting for Hillary though)

I think President Trump will look back on this night as the night he clinched the election. Hillary will remember tonight as the night her long national nightmare into the jaws of a lengthy prison term will begin.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

I'm not sure how one acts presidential and boring when asked to clarify the millions of weird things he's said during the campaign.

I suppose he could just parrot "I want to focus on the important issues, not distractions" a million times.

CountDeMoney

First Matt Lauer, now Lester Holt.  Brian Williams must beat his pets daily.   :lol:
Where is zombie John Chancellor when America needs him most.

derspiess

Quote from: Legbiter on September 26, 2016, 07:34:18 PM
try to land a zinger or two, something the networks can play on a loop while declaring her the winner,

This more than anything else.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I'm sorry Trump can't climb over the ropes and slam her into the corner buckle after beating her with a folding chair, derspiess. 

Maybe he can manage a Jimmy Snuka Superfly finishing move on the way out.

FunkMonk

Vince will be Commerce Secretary, if only because he lets Donald push him around.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.