NFL Week 2: Pretend I posted this already

Started by Liep, September 18, 2016, 12:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: dps on September 23, 2016, 05:04:28 PM
I dunno.  Let's ask Sammy Baugh, Johnny Unitas, Bob Griese, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, and Tom Brady about it.  Well, the first 2 of those are dead, so ask Steve Young and Phil Simms instead.

Hopefully one of those guys would understand that the mere existence of QBs with normal names does not disprove the correlation I mentioned.

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 23, 2016, 04:02:31 AM
How 'bout them Patriots! ^_^

I was shocked, shocked I tell ya!  I expected a close game and one that the Patriots would most likely be on the losing side. But damn, the defense was awesome and the offense played quite well with a rookie QB who is probably still trying to learn the Pat's game system. Now Brissett is injured, thumb injury during the game. May not be available for the next game. I don't know if Garoppolo will be ready/healed either. So things could get even more interesting.

jimmy olsen

They played a simple game plan flawlessly. It was really enjoyable to watch.

Heard that might bring Yates to play next week.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 23, 2016, 04:51:00 PM
I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on the causal link between unusual first names and playing quarterback.

I doubt it exists.  People in all football positions have unusual names.  Just ask Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Leger Douzable, Frostee Rucker,  D'Brickashaw Ferguson, and A.A.Ron Rodgers.

Tonitrus

Or Jim Zorn.  Sounds like he fought Superman or something.

alfred russel

Quote from: ulmont on September 26, 2016, 11:09:23 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 23, 2016, 04:51:00 PM
I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on the causal link between unusual first names and playing quarterback.

I doubt it exists.  People in all football positions have unusual names.  Just ask Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Leger Douzable, Frostee Rucker,  D'Brickashaw Ferguson, and A.A.Ron Rodgers.

My favorite name is Siran Stacy. Apparently his mother, after giving birth to him, looked over and saw siran wrap and thus named her son Siran.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Crap, I just looked up siran stacy to see what he is up to, and apparently a few years ago he was in a car accident that killed his wife and four of his kids.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grey Fox

Americans, white or black, have weird names really.

Allegra Kirkland, for exemple.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

So last week the Bengals sent in 10 plays for the league to review from their week 2 game with Pittsburgh.  The maximum number is 10, so that's what they sent.  They decided not to bother with the iffy out of bounds/no TD call and iffy fumble call and focused on the missed holding calls.  NFL agreed with the Bengals that all 10 examples they submitted should have been called.  Obviously no big benefit to the Bengals other than a sense of vindication.

Except that the refs in the Eagles-Steelers game decided to actually call holding on the Steelers and we saw what their pass blocking is like when they can't get away with it :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall