NFL Week 2: Pretend I posted this already

Started by Liep, September 18, 2016, 12:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 18, 2016, 08:52:50 PM
Jimmy Garoppolo has a sprained AC joint and won't be playing vs Houston, but should be back by week 4.  I wonder if Edelman will be the backup again next week.  The QB from NC State who came in doesn't appear to have done too badly in his limited playing time.

I'm glad that's all it was. Looked like it could be worse when it happened.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

I almost don't even get pissed seeing the Steelers get all those calls going their way.  It's completely expected nowadays.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 18, 2016, 11:16:38 PM
I almost don't even get pissed seeing the Steelers get all those calls going their way.  It's completely expected nowadays.

Nowadays?  Where the fuck have you been?

MadBurgerMaker

derspiess

Not that it matters, but here's a nice little collection of all the uncalled holds the Steelers committed yesterday.  I think Jesse James may have been one of the team's leading tacklers.

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/vines-hold-on-a-second-15117710/
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 19, 2016, 05:37:01 AM

Used to not be as bad or noticeable in Bengals-Steelers games.  I know your Ravens Mileage May Vary.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2016, 05:27:55 PM
Not that it matters, but here's a nice little collection of all the uncalled holds the Steelers committed yesterday.  I think Jesse James may have been one of the team's leading tacklers.

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/vines-hold-on-a-second-15117710/

Looks like pretty standard blocking to me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2016, 05:37:44 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 19, 2016, 05:37:01 AM

Used to not be as bad or noticeable in Bengals-Steelers games.  I know your Ravens Mileage May Vary.

True: games where it actually mattered for the Bengals have been a relatively recent development.  :P

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 19, 2016, 09:57:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2016, 05:27:55 PM

Looks like pretty standard blocking to me.

:huh:  Seriously?  Do you understand what holding is?

I can see the refs looking the other way when 1) there is some grabbing of the jersey in between the shoulder pads, and 2) if the offensive linemen is able to keep his man in front of him while doing so.  But bear hugs, headlocks, grabbing inside the shoulderpad, holding on to the back of the jersey for dear life, and outright tackles?  That's standard blocking??

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2016, 10:43:06 PM
:huh:  Seriously?  Do you understand what holding is?

I like to think I do.

QuoteI can see the refs looking the other way when 1) there is some grabbing of the jersey in between the shoulder pads, and 2) if the offensive linemen is able to keep his man in front of him while doing so.  But bear hugs, headlocks, grabbing inside the shoulderpad, holding on to the back of the jersey for dear life, and outright tackles?  That's standard blocking??

Didn't see any of that when I skimmed your link.

derspiess

Then you had your eyes closed.  Or you really have no idea what holding is.

Berkut

I have a pretty good idea what holding is, and I think those clips, or ones like it, can be found on pretty much any game.

I noticed that the person concerned with uncalled holds did not find one single uncalled hold on his team. Not one! Incredible!

I wonder how the NFL actually manages their conspiracy to cheat teams? Do the officials get a weekly memo about who they are supposed to let hold this week? Text message? Secret envelopes under their hotel room door?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

derspiess

Hey Berkut-- since you are here I wanted to run something by you.  In terms of high school rules, the play is dead any time the ball carrier's knee touches the ground, correct?  This also applies to a QB kneel-down toward the end of the game, correct?

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on September 20, 2016, 09:54:00 AM
REFS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT

Nah, they were wrong at the end of that Central Michigan game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned