News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 2: Pretend I posted this already

Started by Liep, September 18, 2016, 12:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

New commentators for the NFL games here. One of them already said "THAT's uncharacteristic of him!" four times. :bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The amount of words taken directly from English and used as Danish is baffling. No, jeans-wearing TV dude, vision doesn't mean the same thing in Danish as it does in English.  :glare:

I need to shell out and get the GamePass because this is ridiculous.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on September 18, 2016, 03:47:03 PM
The amount of words taken directly from English and used as Danish is baffling. No, jeans-wearing TV dude, vision doesn't mean the same thing in Danish as it does in English.  :glare:

Were you the one who posted that youtube about the Danish language being incomprehensible for Danish people?

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 18, 2016, 03:55:33 PM
Quote from: Liep on September 18, 2016, 03:47:03 PM

Were you the one who posted that youtube about the Danish language being incomprehensible for Danish people?

I don't think so... :unsure:

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

Wow the Slurs suck this year. Guess this is one of the years in the cycle they finish in last place.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

QuoteWeek Two NFL Football Point Spread - NFL Spreads 9/18 - 9/19, 2016

Date & Time    Favorite    Spread    Underdog
9/18 1:00 ET    At Detroit    -6    Tennessee
9/18 1:00 ET    At Houston    -1    Kansas City
9/18 1:00 ET    At New England    -5.5    Miami
9/18 1:00 ET    Baltimore    -4.5    At Cleveland
9/18 1:00 ET    At Pittsburgh    -3    Cincinnati
9/18 1:00 ET    At Washington    -3    Dallas
9/18 1:00 ET    At NY Giants    -3.5    New Orleans
9/18 1:00 ET    At Carolina    -12.5    San Francisco
9/18 4:05 ET    At Arizona    -7    Tampa Bay
9/18 4:05 ET    Seattle    -5.5    At Los Angeles
9/18 4:25 ET    At Denver    -6    Indianapolis
9/18 4:25 ET    At Oakland    -4    Atlanta
9/18 4:25 ET    At San Diego    -3    Jacksonville
9/18 8:30 ET    Green Bay    -1.5    At Minnesota

Monday Night Football Point Spread

9/19 8:35 ET    At Chicago    -3    Philadelphia

MadBurgerMaker

Damn the Bucs and Jags are getting crushed right now.  40-7 Arizona over Tampa, 35-7 SD over Jax.  Still most of the 4th Q left for the Chargers to choke it away, but that might be tough even for them.

NBC is showing shots of the new Vikings stadium.  Pretty cool.

Savonarola

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2016, 05:16:59 PM
QuoteWeek Two NFL Football Point Spread - NFL Spreads 9/18 - 9/19, 2016

Date & Time    Favorite    Spread    Underdog
9/18 1:00 ET    At Detroit    -6    Tennessee

As we say in Detroit: SOL - Same Ole Lions.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

Don't see the connection between that comment and Detroit being favored by six.

frunk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 18, 2016, 07:14:07 PM
Don't see the connection between that comment and Detroit being favored by six.

They lost.

Sophie Scholl

Sean Smith might only be able to get work as a poster child for burn victims after his "performance" during the past two weeks.  Wow. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

If the Browns can't find a way to lose, they'll invent one.

MadBurgerMaker

Jimmy Garoppolo has a sprained AC joint and won't be playing vs Houston, but should be back by week 4.  I wonder if Edelman will be the backup again next week.  The QB from NC State who came in doesn't appear to have done too badly in his limited playing time.