News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Prince Edward Island schools evacuated

Started by viper37, September 21, 2016, 09:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

That's weird.  One or two schools (ok, there might not be more than that over there...) evacuated due to a bomb threat, that happens, but here it seems a tad more serious.

Some Nova Scotia colleges were also evacuated.
http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/News/Local/2016-09-21/article-4646338/Prince-Edward-Island-schools-being-evacuated/1

Press conference from the RCMP at noon to learn more.  I hope it wasn't an over-reaction.

QuoteHalifax Regional Police responded to a call around 8 a.m. to Nova Scotia Community College - Institute of Technology campus in Halifax's north end "after the campus received a threatening message from an anonymous person."
This sounds like the usual bullshit that happens every week somewhere in the country, but usually, they simply get the students out, search the place, get everyone back in.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

frunk

CountDeMoney

viper37

An anonymous message sent by fax...  Wow.  Evacuate all schools over that?  That was over-reaction.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maladict

I don't know. Someone got their hands on a fax machine, that shows determination.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on September 21, 2016, 01:41:34 PM
An anonymous message sent by fax...  Wow.  Evacuate all schools over that?  That was over-reaction.

I think the teachers just wanted to save the students the horror of trying to understand technology not related to smart-phone and that they couldn't get a app to print faxes.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Barrister

Are faxes that antiquated?  We still get tons of faxes...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on September 21, 2016, 03:01:42 PM

Until recently there were a lot in the Home counties, but hunting has taken a toll.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

dps

Yeah, but you said that you hoped it wasn't an over-reaction.  Thing is, if it's not an over-reaction, than means that all the schools actually got attacked.  So basically, you were saying that you hoped somebody blew up all the schools.

Of course, back when I was in school, that was the almost universal hope of all students.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on September 21, 2016, 03:01:42 PM
you're working for the governement...

viper37

Quote from: dps on September 21, 2016, 05:05:19 PM

Yeah, but you said that you hoped it wasn't an over-reaction.  Thing is, if it's not an over-reaction, than means that all the schools actually got attacked.  So basically, you were saying that you hoped somebody blew up all the schools.

Of course, back when I was in school, that was the almost universal hope of all students.
What I meant, was that I hoped they evacuated all those schools because they got a serious lead on an imminent threat, or that they actually found explosive devices in one school.  Not because they received a fax.  You don't evacuate schools for that, you sent police officers with dogs and whatever equipement they need to inspect the school.